31 - Scars

{Cleo's P.O.V}

I sit down cross legged on an arm chair in the corner of Zac's room as his puts the DVD in. "What are you sitting there for?" Zac asks laying on his bed. "I just.. I need to talk to you" I say, un crossing my legs and putting them over the arm of the chair. "What is it?, if it's about basketball we can talk about it tomorrow." I swing my legs around and place them on the floor. "Yeah, okay. Tomorrow.." I can't tell him now, Dylan loves me and I love Zac!! What am I going to do?!

We watch Greese and Zac gets up and starts doing the Greese lightning routine. "Oh Greece lighting, go Greece lightning" he sings. "Zac" I laugh. He's actually the cutest thing. When the songs on the movie aren't on we just talk. "Zac you are actually a really good singer" I say, and it's true.. His voice is sexy as fuck. "Thanks, my mom was actually a singer you know?" He smiles looking at a picture of her and Zac when he was a baby. "No kidding?" I smile as he puts the picture down. "What about your mom and dad Cleo, what do they do?" I have never told anyone about my dad leaving us or my homeschooling, but I trust Zac. I've only known him for a few days, but I trust him. "Actually my Mom just started a new job this week, she used to homeschool me but now I'm at school, so she's a teacher at Hawkins Elementary" I say. "Oh really why were you homeschooled?" Zac asks pausing the movie and looking at me curiously. "I was bullied... A lot" I say. I hold out my arm to Zac and he strokes my scars gently. The scars that are slowly healing. "A lot" I repeated as he looks at me horrified. He hugs me tightly. It automatically makes me happy and safe. "Nothing will ever happen like that again.. I promise" he smiles as we part. "What about your dad?" He asks. I walk back over to the arm chair. "He.. He left" I say sitting down. I can feel a lump in my throat as I bite the inside of my cheeks, I couldn't help a tear escaping. "Zac rushes over and puts his warm palm on my cheek and removes the tear with his thumb, keeping his hand still. As my tears keep falling he sits next to me and I cry softly into his shoulder. "Cleo..shhh.. It's okay" he assures me softly rubbing my back. I put my legs over his and put my arms around his neck. This moment is perfect.