27 - Meet My Mentor

{Cleo's P.O.V}

After I get changed and our team does our warm up laps, Mr Watson shouts for us to gather around him. "Okay girls, we have been runner up for 3 years now, we can win the grand final.. I can feel it" he says while looking at me. "Okay stretches!" He yells after blowing his whistle. I pair up with Eve, she's my only basketball friend at the moment. Which is fine, we always have fun. "So let's try and win" Eve laughs. "I'm feeling the pressure, everyone is expecting me to be such a great player. Everyone here is just as good as I am" I say while putting my arm behind my back stretching it. "Are you serious, you are the best player.. easily" she smiles.

The rest of the training is drills until finally, for the last 20 minutes, we have mentors. Eve told me earlier that at the end of every training a senior picks a freshman and takes them under their wing, helps them with their basketball. A mentor. Dylan's team along with mine are called in to sit centre court and wait for the Senior boys' and Senior girls' basketball teams. We sit next to eachother, obviously, and Eve sits with us. "Great.. I just hope I don't get Zac" Dylan laughs. "Yeah..What a suck" I laugh, when actually I get the biggest butterflies. I'm praying we get put together.

The Seniors walk in and Mr. Watson gets everyone's attention. "Okay seniors, as usual you can pick anyone you want to mentor. Okay freshman, the students behind you are your year 12 mentors." We all turn around and the seniors wave awkwardly as we all whisper to our friends. All the year 12 boys are super cute. "I've got my eye on Harry" Eve whispers. I quietly laugh and give her the 'good choice' look. "They have read all your profiles and they know who they want to work with." I am so nervous. I hope Zac picks me, please pick me. ME ME ME!! I'm so desperate.

All the students start to get selected,I was one of the first 10. "Cleo" I hear, I'm so happy...until I realize it wasn't Zac's mouth it came out of. I walk over to the guy, "I'm Patrick" he smiles, he seems sweet don't get me wrong, but I was praying for Zac. After every mentor picks their student, we all talk and get to know eachother. "Carter" he yells and takes me aside. "Do you mind swapping mentors with Emma. "Yeah..to who?". "To Zac, it's a long story.. I hope you understand. "Umm. Yeah I guess" I say trying to stay cool, meanwhile I'm screaming inside. I can't wait to get started!!!