CHAPTER 34: Trying To Protect You

Kibum's P.O.V.

"Ahjumma, why did you lie that Neva is not here?" Ae Cha asks while pouting.

"Aishh, she wants to keep this as a secret. I just respect her decision."

"Still it is..."

"Ya, Ae Cha, can't you hear your aunt? She said she respects Neva's decision. Aigoo..." Minho butts in. Among Kibum's friends, only Minho came with him. The rest said that they can't make it, so they force Minho to come. Well, actually, they intentionally did not come over.

Ae Cha smirks at Minho. She acts as she is about to spank him.

"Ahjumma, why did Neva have bruises? Where did she get it?" Kibum uses this time to ask Ae Cha's aunt. Neva is in her room. She falls asleep on his shoulder while they were talking earlier.

"That one? Aigoo... There was this group of girls who accuses her of stealing you from Min Kyung. I was not there to protect her when they slapped and pushed her."

"Cheongmal?" They all get surprise. Kibum suddenly feels madness rushing towards his head. "How did they know about her?"

"There is an article that says that she steals you from her. There even is a photo of Neva enclosed on it."

"Mwuh?" Kibum looks at Minho and Ae Cha.

"Min Kyung. Min Kyung probably did it." Minho said seriously.

"Aishh." Kibum gnashes his teeth silently. He does not want the idea of her getting hurt by anyone else.

"Excuse me for a while." Kibum said before he goes out.

He calls Min Kyung to confront her.

"Yeobeoseyo?"

"Who told you to put her photo in the news huh?!"

"What are you talking about?"

"You know what I am talking about Min Kyung. You are the one who scattered about Neva stealing me from you right?"

"Ya, are you accusing me?"

"What do you think so?"

"Tskkk... Haven't I told you that I am the victim in our relationship?"

"Don't lose my patience Min Kyung. I am not gonna let you hurt her." He turns off the call.

*****

"Sweetie." Kibum's anger is gone away when he hears her sweet voice. He smiles as he turns around. He hugs her right away. "Why are you already awake hmmm?" He brushes her hair and cups her face.

"I get scared that you might leave me without a word."

Kibum smacks her lips with his. "Aigoo. Haven't I told you that I will not leave you ever again? I intend to keep that promise. I love you."

Neva's heart flutters as she hears it. She still can't get over with the idea that Kibum really loves her. "I love you too." She touches his cheek as she said it with sincerity.

Kibum lifts her up and twirls her around. Her chuckles fill his heart with happiness and contentment.

*****

Neva's P.O.V.

She lies down on the grass beside him. "Sweetie, where is Ae Cha and Minho-ssi?"

"Molla? Maybe dating?"

Neva pats his chest as she remembers something.

"Wae?"