CHAPTER 30: Letting You Go; Sorry, But I Won't

Neva’s P.O.V.

“If it makes you feel better, then throw me something. I won’t leave you alone here.” Kibum said it with courage. He takes one step ahead.

“Ya! I am not kidding here! Don’t get near with me! I abhor you! I hate you!” Neva starts to cry. She remembers how he looks at Min Kyung and how she waited for nothing.

Kibum did not listen. He takes another step.

“One!”

Then another step.

“Two! Ya! This is going to be the last warning! Get out! Get lost!”

Then another step.

“Three!” Neva throws the books that were piled on the small cabinet near her bed.

“Ouch!” Kibum holds his head as he feels a sudden throbbing of pain coming from there.

The first books landed on his face. The second on his arm and the third is on his head.

Seeing him holding his head, Neva feels a sudden guilt. She is not usually violent, but her anger at that moment pushes her to do it. What is happening to me? Why am I becoming different whenever I am with this guy?

“G—Gwenchanayo?” She pretended to say it as if it’s an automatic thing that she needs to do since she is the one who hurts him.

Kibum on the other hand, smiles even just hearing it. He picks the books and places it back to its original place.

“Gwenchana. I can bear all this pain.”

“Oh?” Neva’s cold heart melts when she sees a blood coming from the scratch on his cheek. His lips are also bruised.

“Jamkamanyo.” She attempted to stand, but Kibum stops her.

“You just sit arasso? What is that thing that you need? I will get it.” Kibum pulls her back to sit down.

She flips away his hand. “Don’t touch me.”

“Kure.” Kibum’s eyes show hurt in it. “What is it?”

“Instant cold packs, cotton balls, bandage strips, alcohol and betadine. I saw Ae Cha putting it on the big cabinet.”

“Kure.” He quickly gathers all the things and places it on the space that she spares on her bed.

“Is there anything else?” Kibum shyly rubs the back of his head. “Urgh, are you hurt? Why are you needing all of this? Do I have to call—“