ELEVEN

╔════•| ❆ |•════╗
December 17th
╚════•| ❆ |•════╝

"The moon and the sun are love and fear: one fades as the other rises."

—d.j

•| ❆ |•

Imani's POV

Ethan slams the door shut and I flinch, scowling in the darkness as I sit up. Running a hand through my braids, I turn on the lamp.

Feeling stupid, I pick up my clothes scattered around the room and put them back on.

I can't believe Ethan right now. I ball my fists and groan angrily.

Before I know what I'm doing, my phone's in my hands and I'm dialing Nikki's number. She picks up on the third ring.

"Hey Nikki," I say, taking a seat on the bed. "Did I wake you?"

Her laughter fills the line. "Girl please, I'm always up. Me and Mike were channel surfing, but his stupid ass fell asleep on me." She sighs. "Anyway, what's up with you? You don't sound like yourself."

"You won't believe what Ethan did to me, girl."

"He cheated on you?"

I laugh, sarcastically. "If that was the case, I would be calling you from the police station right now."

"Okay, so what did he do?"

I cross my legs at the ankles and frown. "He left me."

"Woah, what? He broke up with you?" Nikki shouts into the phone incredulously.

"No," I chuckle slightly, "no. Like, we had sex—"

"Hell yeah! That's what I'm talkin about girl!How was it? Was it like you remember—"

"Nikki." I snap. "Focus." When I'm sure that she's listening again, I continue. "So anyways, we had sex and then he left me."

"Like he actually left the room?"

"Yep."

"And didn't come back?"

"Not yet." I sigh, tapping my nails against the nightstand.

"You think he's taking a shit? That could be it. You know, don't judge him if he is. There's been plenty of times where—"

"He's not taking a shit, okay. He left me to help his fucking sister." I snap, immediately regretting taking out my anger on her. Although, she doesn't even seem to notice.

"What? His sister?"

"Yeah I know. Like, who does that?"

"Wait..." Nikki, says sounding confused. "Doesn't she have like brain damage or something?"

"Memory loss, but that's beside the point. It's almost two in the freaking morning. Like seriously, who does that?" I really want her to see my side of things, so we can be angry together.

"Yeah, you're right. That's pretty fucked... So, what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know, but I'm beyond pissed right now. Like, what if this becomes a reoccurring thing? We haven't seen each other in five months... five months, Nikki."

"I hear you girl. That's a long ass time."

"He should never want to leave my side. I mean, I always want to be with him. We have so much lost time to catch up on, and it's just frustrating because it's like she's a priority over me. We only have two weeks together and then we're back to being two thousand miles away from each other again." I rest my hand in my head as I fight back tears.