TEN

╔════•| ❆ |•════╗
December 17th
╚════•| ❆ |•════╝

"You are my today and all of my tomorrows."
—Leo Christopher

•| ❆ |•

Ethan POV

I run my hand through my wet hair as I light the last candle and place it on the dresser. The room is illuminated by the numerous candles I've placed around the room, coupled with the moonlight spilling in through the open balcony doors. A cool breeze blows through the room, and the flames flicker, swaying as shadows dance on the walls.

I place my hands on my hips and gnaw on my bottom lip, as I scan the room once more.

Today has been hectic, and Imani and I haven't had any alone time to finish what we started last night. We've hardly even had time to talk about it. All day I've kind of gotten the feeling that she's still upset with me and I want to make it up to her. I thought that a romantic do-over would suffice, but now I'm starting to think that this is silly.

I should just talk to her.

I frown, shaking my head, before blowing out the candle on the nightstand. The smell of smoke lingers in the air as the flame dissipates and the room darkens a bit more.

Just as I'm about to blow out the second candle, the door swings open. "Ethan?" Imani asks, confused as she walks in. A soft smile tugs at the corners of her lips.

"Hey," I say, standing straighter as I instinctively hold the lighter behind my back.

"What is all of this?" She chuckles as she walks over to me.

My cheeks burn as I set the lighter down and meet her halfway. My hand runs through her long braids and I smile, as I get a good look at her. She must've swiped one of my t-shirts when I wasn't paying attention. A small smile pulls at my lips as I notice how my shirt swallows her small form in the most adorable way.

When she reaches me, she wraps her arms around my neck and runs her hands smooth down my back. Sighing, I grab her by the waist and pull her closer to me. My forehead rests against hers as I close my eyes and relax in her hold.

She smells clean and fresh, like my cucumber body wash. I bring my hand to her cheek and I smile when she leans into my touch. Then I look at her. I watch as she waits with closed eyes for my lips to meet hers. As I watch her, I can't help but admire her beauty even in the darkness. I've learned that when she's like this, natural and bare and relaxed, I'm most attracted to her.

I run my thumb gently along her bottom lip and she smiles softly. Tentatively, I duck to her level and peck her full lips. She stands on her tip toes and deepens the kiss, cradling my head with her delicate hand. The simple gesture gives me chills that stay long after my lips leave hers.

I haven't felt this strongly about someone in a long time, and even then, it never felt like this. She makes me feel safe. When I'm with her, everything feels so surreal. It's moments like these where she makes me feel so incredibly loved that I almost want to cry. I've never felt so overwhelmingly at peace with a person before.

When I open my eyes, she's already smiling at me. Her hand strokes my cheek as she studies me. Her touch makes my skin sing in ways I can't even verbalize, so I kiss her once more. This kiss, it's different. It literally takes my breath away. This simple gesture sparks something inside me that I can't explain, and as our lips touch, I feel as if I can taste the next 60 years of my life.

God, I love her so much.

"Woah," Imani whispers breathlessly when I pull away, and by the look on her face, I can tell she felt it too.