FOURTEEN

╔════•| ❆ |•════╗
December 19th
╚════•| ❆ |•════╝

"Every picture tells a story..."

—unknown

•| ❆ |•

Kelly POV

I sulk as I stare blankly at the show playing on the TV. I haven't been able to find the batteries for the remote and I don't want to text Ethan again, especially since he told me not to, but my impatience is getting the best of me. I want to watch Netflix, and I simply can't do that if the TV remote is dead.

I scrunch my mouth as I pick up my phone and open up our conversation. Ethan said he couldn't text me undoubtedly because Imani told him not to. On the one hand, I understand why, they're on a date or whatever, but she should be more considerate. I'm basically handicapped and they left me at home alone. One measly text won't hurt.

Before I know what I'm doing I've sent the text to Ethan. I stare at the screen for what seems like ages, and the text still says delivered. Sighing, I peruse other apps to kill time. Maybe Ethan has his phone in his pocket and didn't hear it go off...

Should I text him again?

My fingers move of their own accord as I type another message and send it without thinking. Why hasn't he responded already?

Just as I'm about to text him again, the three little dots appear and Ethan texts me back with my desired response along with a rather rude 'don't text me anymore' that I choose to ignore for the time being.

Imani has him acting different. I think, as I rummage through the drawer in the kitchen and pull out the unopened pack of AA batteries.

After grabbing two, I head back into the living room and plop onto the couch. Once the remote is fully functioning again, I smile as the Netflix logo illuminates the TV screen.

Snuggling under the covers, I look through the shows for a couple moments before I find something that peaks my interest. Just my luck, the moment I press play, my phone begins to vibrate.

"Ugh," I groan, grabbing my phone to see who it is.

Jordan's face appears on my screen and I panic when I realize he wants to facetime. Throwing my blanket aside, I brush my bangs to cover my scar and lick my chapped lips. Taking a deep breath, I accept the call.

"Hey!" Jordan's jovial smile is the only thing I can focus on.

I tuck my short hair behind my ear. "Hi, Jordan."

"What are you up to tonight? I hope I'm not bothering you?" Jordan frowns adjusting the camera angle. I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks when I see that he's only wearing a wife beater.

"No." My voice breaks and I clear my throat. "Mmm, no. I um, I was just watching Netflix."

I watch as Jordan's concerned expression melts from his face. I can't help but notice how his tattoo clad arms are exposed for everyone to see, as he lies in his bed with a relaxed smile on his face. "Okay cool," he says, licking his lips in the special way only boys can. "I haven't heard from you in a while. It's um, it's nice to hear your voice."