Dark Steve's Fear - DarkNight (Dark Steve X Nightmare Steve)

(510)

Dark Steve walked back to the Nightmare Palace. You see, he failed at destroying Rainbow Steve and that pesky Sabre. "Maybe if I have more power I could defeat them." Dark thought as he walked in.

Nightmare Steve was upon his throne like usual. Dark waited until his Master finished doing business with Faceless. When he saw the non-Steve walk away, he made himself be known.

"Ah, Dark Steve. Did you destroy them?" Dark looked down. "W-well, sir, Maybe if I was stronger-" Nightmare cut him off. "So you didn't destroy them?" He said in a warning voice. Usually he only used this voice when he was dealing with either Faceless, Plague Steve or Memory Steve, so Dark wasn't used to hearing it himself.

"I-I'm sorry Master." It was silent for a few moments, Dark never looking up. He never dared to. "Just go to your room, I'll deal with you later." The Nightmare King said sighing.

Dark ran to his small room and sat on the bed. It wasn't fair. Nightmare was never like this with Light Steve or Shadow Steve. Dark thought they both were more important to The Nightmare King. He felt left out and useless.

He got up and walked to the window looking out. Then his Master walked in and shut the door. Dark never moved, too afraid to do so. He tried not to breath.

Then Dark Spoke. "Do you want to get rid of me like you wanted to? I won't blame you. I'm useless." Nightmare Steve just stood there shocked. "I mean you have the perfect pure Light Steve and my own creation Shadow Steve. You don't need a failure like me."

"Dark Steve." "I mean, you favor Light, Shadow, Positive, Negative and Chaos. In fact you act like they are your sons. Like you are their dad. Where do I belong in this family? I just screw everything up. And I'm sorry about that."

"Dark Steve." "Maybe if I was stronger, I could defeat them." Dark said finally looking over at the Steve in the doorway.

"Dark Steve." He said a third time. This time, he stayed quiet. "You didn't hear what I had to say." Said Nightmare Steve. "I was going to say that you don't have to be sorry," he said softly. This time, Dark Steve was the one to be shocked. "You mean everything to me. And I couldn't deal with you getting hurt. That's why I tell you to go attack them. I know you will fail but that's okay. I make you go attack them because I don't want you here when I have a guest like today." Nightmare replied.

"I don't want you here when Elemental Steve is here. Or Faceless, or even memory Steve. Because I know what they would try to do to you. Especially Elemental. He would beat me half to death and take you againced your will and experiment on you." Nightmare walked over to Dark Steve and held him close. "I'll always protect you Dark."

At that, Dark smiled.