↬ Third trimester issues

Start from the beginning

You were about to go to the bathroom to brush your teeth and get on with your facial routines when a arm draped across your pajama shirt, your husband's head nuzzled into the crook of your neck. ''Good morning Jinyoungie.'' You murmured, suppressing a laugh as his breath tickles your neck. He hums in response, snuggling closer to where you were laid on your side.

''Look who's being a cuddly koala in the morning,'' You teased. ''I have an appointment with the doctor in a couple hours so I need to get up now or else I'm going to be late.'' Jinyoung shakes his head and pouted at you. ''I want hugs.'' He whined. You wrapped your arms around his torso and pepper his face with kisses. ''All good?'' You asked with a giggle. Although Jinyoung was in an awfully cuddly mood in the morning, he was also practical, so instead of keeping you in a tight embrace, he shifted to the left so you have more space to heave yourself out of bed. 

''I will even put your bagel out so you don't have to the retrieve it from the fridge.'' You laughed. You were about to tease him just a bit more when you felt the urge to pee. You waddled to the bathroom as quickly as you could, all the while trying to keep it in. Jinyoung sat himself up, watching in confusion as you left the room in a hurry. ''Where are you going?'' He called after you. ''To the bathroom, this has been the fifth time in the past hour.'' You squeaked in embarrassment. ''How?'' Jinyoung stated loudly. ''Because your daughter is pressing on my bladder, that's how!''

Mark:

You had gone over to your company's building to have a meeting with your current CEO and manager. You had requested to be on a break, or known as a 'maternity leave' until the baby was born and could manage without your 24/7 care. Your CEO had been reluctant at first, knowing that a break could most likely affect your popularity or make you lose fans, but you had discussed the situation as maturely as possible with him/her, and you had successfully convinced both of your management team. 

You were walking home now with a paper bag filled with documents that you would need to go over at home, but nonetheless, you were relieved that things had gone smoothly. You were bent down, or at least you were in the position to be considered bending down your knees, when you heard your husband jogging down the stairs. You took off your shoes, placing them neatly on the shoe rack, and preparing to slip off the tight socks when your eyes widened seeing your ankles all swollen. Your feet had been sore the past couple of days, but this, this wasn't what you had expected to happen. 

''Uh oh-'' You muttered as you gently poked your swollen toes but winced back in pain. ''You alright, jagi?'' Mark asked worriedly behind you. You turned your back and faced him with a reassuring smile, ''I'm fine, just a bit tired, like usual.'' Mark looked at you with a quizzical expression on his face but decided to just shrug casually, ''I'm heading to the gym for awhile, hopefully I'll be back before dinner.'' You nodded, giving him a wave as he left the house with the car keys in hand. 

You haven't taken notice of the time which is why you let out a very surprised squeal when you heard the front door opened. You weren't doing anything that was embarrassing; you were just trying to figure out how to reduce the swelling on your foot. Mark observed the messy living room and your foot propped up in a pile of pillows in front of you. You looked up while blushing furiously, not knowing why you were even ashamed of telling him in the first place. 

Mark raised his eyebrows and set down his bag on the counter. ''Don't move, I'm leaving the interrogating for after I take a shower. I feel gross.'' Mark commented. You nodded weakly at him, not bothering to defend yourself. 

When he sat down in front of you, arms crossed over his chest and gaze narrowed at you, you nervously looked down on your sweater. ''Haven't I remind you enough of not being on your feet all day?'' He asked firmly. ''I forgot,'' you mumbled. ''and besides, I didn't really have a choice.'' Mark sighed heavily and stood up to retrieve an ice pack for you. You murmured a quiet thank you as he massaged your feet as well. ''Please be more aware of taking breaks whenever you have to stand for long periods of time. I hate seeing you in pain, sweetheart.''