If You Love Me, Don't Let Go (7)

A/N

So, I'm here with yet another update. Things are moving quickly but hey, your girl is just happy muse has returned and at this point, I'm just along for the ride! That said, I wanted to update you on a few changes with the intent of filling in gaps and plot holes. My aim is to give you a complete story as concisely as possible so please note the following changes and thank you for your continued support, patience, and understanding:

The timeframe of the story- happens sometime after Can finds out that Sanem has lied to him about selling her scent to Fabri, but also I've time jumped a bit sometime after Sanem's first book has been published. In this alternative version of the story being told, I've strayed away from all other canon events that occurred after episode forty. In other words, Sanem's journal was never burned, Can never left on his boat.

Chapter 1 begins with Can leaving Turkey after he's accepted an assignment in England, his sole purpose of wanting to put some space between himself and Sanem and to reconnect with himself. At this point (beginning of chapter 1) he's angry and bitter about what happened between them and irrationally decides to allow Polen to stay in his suite in England the night before he departs for his assignment. Sanem being Sanem goes after Can, hoping to apologize and mend their relationship, only to arrive to find that Can has betrayed her and slept with Polen. Hurt and angry, Sanem eventually leaves for New York with Yigit to start off the first leg of the book tour.

The story continues with our two broken-hearted lovers finding their way back to one another in spite of the obstacles presented.

Recap:

Sanem asked Yigit to leave and return to Turkey after a series of events that left her feeling uncomfortable around him, though she didn't really have any real grounds to completely dismiss the man who had been so instrumental in helping her achieve her dreams.

To ensure that Sanem remains in New York long enough for Can to return, Aziz has secretly arranged for a close friend, a publisher of a major magazine in New York to feature Sanem in a story as well as publish her work in a series of short stories.

Can returns to New York intent on mending his relationship with the love of his life after mistakenly assuming that Sanem has rejected his previous attempts due to Yigit's interference.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 6.

Sanem. New York.

Sanem had finished the shoot and the interview with the people from the magazine by early evening. She had just changed out of the last outfit into the oversized white robe the hotel provided when her new cell phone buzzed for the first time she'd been in the city. Looking at Aileen's contact photo she thought about letting the call go to voicemail but she really did miss her best friend and wanted to catch up with her, despite her exhaustion.

"Well, I have to say, after your update, you sound like you're on cloud nine! You're a rising star now, I can hardly believe how far you've come...I mean, you know what I mean!" Aileen chuckled as she stretched out under the covers and let out an obnoxiously loud yawn. She still wasn't used to the time difference between New York and Turkey but she didn't mind the early call in the least. It was good hearing Sanem so uplifted though, at the same time, Aileen knew her friend well and could sense something was off, undertones of sadness in the inflection of her tone palpable. While propping up some pillows behind her, Aileen listened as Sanem continued to fill her in.

"I don't know what to expect from the exposure from this article but it feels really good to know I did this all on my own! You know me, I've never been one to chase fame, but if my stories can help other women mend their heartache and pain, then why  not share them with all of the world, beyond Turkey?"