↠ ↠ ↠ ↠

"Shane." Carl ran through the cars, carrying something in his hand, until he reached Shane.

Briony was directly across from Shane cars and she watched the scene unfold, a cigarette in hand.

"Carl, what happened?" Lori asked, joining him as she worried over her son.

"Mom, I found something cool." Carl bragged. Briony smiled to herself, he was so cute.

"Shane, check it out." He laid the item on the floor and unrolled it. Revealing, axes and tools. "It's an arsenal."

Shane didn't look, he shrugged Carl off like a bug on his shoulder. Briony raised an eyebrow and moved to a closer car, acting as if she was rummaging. Then slowly, sat down in the boot, just listening.

"That's cool, bud. Go give 'em to Dale." Shane replied.

"Check this one out. Whoa!" He got out a hatchet and started to swing it about. "Its a hatchet."

"Be careful." Lori cautioned. "Don't play with those."

"They're really sharp." He stated, continuing to swing it about in the air.

Briony smiled at his interest in weapon's, he was growing up. Soon he was going to want to learn how to defend himself. Briony knew, this isn't what Lori wanted.

Lori just wanted her son, to stay her baby boy.

"What did I just say?" Lori scolded.

"Can I keep one?" Carl asked.

"Are you crazy?" Lori grabbed the hatchet off him. "No way."

"Shane. Shane, tell her to let me keep one." Carl begged.

Shane looked down at him. "Hey, man, go give them all to Dale now. Go." Carl glared at him.

Even Briony was shocked at his approach. Carl grabbed the arsenal and stormed off to Dale.

"What was that?" Lori asked, once he was out of listening distance.

"What was what?" Shane questioned.

"The way you blew him off just now." Lori answered. "You crushed him."

Shane continued to work, completely ignoring her, she gasped. "I don't believe you. You're giving me the cold shoulder?"

Shane looked up at Lori. "Isn't that what you want?" He paused. "Weren't you the one who said stay the hell away from him and you?"

"You forget what happened at the CDC?" Lori spoke.

Briony gasped, lit up another cigarette and listened closely. If there was anything she loved, it was gossip.

Spill the tea, bitch!

"Your little meltdown in the rec room slip your mind?" Lori continued. "When you tried-."

"When I tried to what?" Shane asked, anger present in his tone.
"What do you think that was?"

"I think it is pretty plain what that was." Lori scoffed.

"One mistake. One that I admit to." Shane admitted. "I have a few mistakes under my belt, Lori. So do you."

Briony looked away and giggled to herself. She loved drama.

"No debate there. But, Shane, we need to stop this." Lori told him.

"Why do you think I'm prepping my new ride?" Shane asked.

Briony scrunched up her eyebrows. What the fuck did that mean?