Chapter 3

"You ever eat frog legs?" Shane discussed, with what Briony thought was his son. She was sat leaning against the old Caravan, eating canned beans, watching Shane talking to what could be his wife and son while cleaning his Shotgun with a toothbrush.

Scraping the last of the beans out of the wooden bowl with the small metal spoon she smiled watching Shane engage in laughter with his family. This is what she longed for.

To be reunited with Daryl and Merle, to hear her brothers laughing beside her. She was crazy to think that could ever happen, she was living in a dream world.

"Talk to me, Dale!" Shane suddenly started jogging up to the Caravan holding his shotgun in his left hand. A loud car siren was heard but Briony couldn't see any cars.

"I can't tell yet." Dale responded, Briony ran inside the Caravan where her items were laid and grabbed her bow and slung the bag of arrows just behind her back just in case of attack and walked up to the door way as everyone walked closer to the red car that was now in view and was speeding down the hill and towards the camp.

The car sped up and the guy inside parked right next to the Land Rover, a small Chinese boy opened the car and stepped out with arms open, a massive grin spread over his face.

"Holy crap, turn that damn thing off!" Briony heard Dale shout from the rooftop.

"I don't know how." The boy replied, a blonde girl walked up to him asking questions, Shane was asking him to pop the hood, he'd been here for two seconds and not one person seemed to care that he was alive they cared about either they're family members or themselves and that saddened Briony.

People always get taken for granted, even in this life and when that person gets taken away they'll realise they should've done more. That's why Briony made sure she never took anyone for granted anymore, every single person that came into her life from now on wouldn't be taken for granted by her. Everyone that helped her, well, she wanted to make sure they knew that she was grateful.

Everyone was arguing and Briony knew this wasn't her place to be involved, she decided to close the door and distance herself from the discussion, she wasn't apart of the group yet and wasn't accepted by everyone. She knew she couldn't go round shoving her nose into the groups business.

She decided to put her hair up into a high pony tail, and walk over to the small bed that Dale slept in. This would be the most decent sleep she would have in ages. She sat down and pretty much sunk into the bed and it was the best feeling she'd felt in ages. She pulled the duvet over her small body and shut her eyes, relaxing, until she fell asleep.

↠ ↠ ↠ ↠

"Have you given any thought to Daryl Dixon?" Dale asked, as the camp was sat around the fire apart from Briony. Shane had found her sleeping in Dale's bed and she was still deep asleep, Dale agreed to let her sleep as this would be the best sleep she would have in a while. "He won't be happy to hear his brother was left behind."

"I'll tell him. I dropped the key. It's on me." T-Dog spoke up. Shane was too busy worrying about how Briony would feel when she found out, he only wanted happiness for her but he knew now she couldn't truly be happy without both her brothers' by her side.

"I cuffed him. That makes him mine."
"Guys, it's not a competition. I don't mean to bring race into this, but it might sound better coming from a white guy." Glenn reasoned.
"I did what I did. Hell, if I'm gonna hide from him."
"We could lie." Amy suggested.
"Or tell the truth." Andrea argued. "Merle was out of control. Something had to be done or he'd have gotten us killed. Your husband did what was necessary. And if Merle got left behind, it's is nobody's fault but Merle's."