Chapter 7

"Keep it down." Daryl scolded both Briony and Glenn as they continued to make conversation. Briony raised both her eyebrows and tried not to laugh, not being able to take her brother seriously.

"Okay, sorry." Briony apologised and focused on the task, raising her bow ready to aim in case of any surprise attacks. Daryl placed his index finger up telling the group to wait while he checked the right side of the room, a few seconds went past and a thud was heard.

One walker down.

As Daryl creeped out of the room, Rick followed behind and started walking down the hallway. Briony, Glenn and then T-Dog just behind them. There was a room just ahead of them with dark blue carpet.

"Had enough in him to take out these two sumbitches." Daryl explained, as Briony neared the room she could see two dead walkers lying on the floor a couple of metres away from each other.

There were pieces among pieces of paper scattered all over the floor and desk, and a small lamp which was still turned on was tipped on it's side on a dark brown filing cabinet.

"One handed." Daryl finished and Briony looked at the two dead bodies, both had two massive patches of thick, dark blood next to their heads. One of them having some sort of tool next to them.

Briony looked at the tall plant that was on her right hand side and lightly touched it with her finger tips. It was a fake plant but it still made the room look 10x better.

Daryl started to replace a new arrow in his crossbow. "Toughest asshole I ever met, my brother. Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails." Daryl told the group. Briony nodded in agreement. Even before the apocalypse, nobody would mess with him because he wouldn't stand for crap.

"Any man can pass out from blood loss, no matter how tough he is." Rick replied, Briony gave Rick a dirty look, although she liked him and thought most of the time that he was a decent human being, she didn't like the fact that he was so negative and was constantly trying to be a smart arse.

Rick held his gun closer to his body before walking over the walkers and heading out of the room, everyone following behind.

As they all walked down the hallway, Briony spotted a spot of blood, then another, then another and it turned into a small blood trail. Daryl crept into another room following the trail, Rick just behind.

Leaning forwards, slightly crouched, Daryl inspected the newly discovered room. "Merle!" He called.

"We're not alone here - remember?" Rick whispered, reminding Daryl that shouting could grab any near by walkers attention.

"Screw that. He could be bleeding out. You said so yourself." Daryl replied, he made a point. Daryl creeped into the room once again with Rick just behind him like always. While everyone went to check out the room, Briony decided to have a little scout to find anything valuable.

She rummaged through the shelf, cupboards, draws but nothing. Only small ornaments and things that were useless to her and the group.

"Bri, come on." Glenn called but in a quiet tone and she nodded and made her way slowly over to him, where Daryl and Rick were studying the surface of a stove.

There was a few small flames going due to gas tanks, a large brown belt laid on the side covered in blood, a metal sauce bowl covered with blood and an iron with what looked like burned skin which had melted and stuck onto the iron.

Briony cringed as she watched Rick reach for the iron and slowly pick it up, studying it.

"What's that burned stuff?" Glenn asked.