Chapter 8

Climbing down the rusty ladder, Glenn led Daryl and Briony outside into the dark and dingy world. Briony jumped down off the ladder once she reached close to the ground, a small gust of wind blew against her body, making her shiver.

Briony looked around, two walls from neighboring shops stood parallel beside her. Glenn signaled for both Daryl and Briony to follow him down the dead alleyway, they were all stood in.

A wired door blocked their path which led to the main road. Which, of course, were covered by walkers. Glenn hid behind one large outdoor bin, while Daryl and Briony hid behind the other which was opposite.

Realizing the plan was in full swing, Briony grabbed her bow and clipped an arrow into it and aimed it towards the wired door.

"You got some balls for a Chinaman." Briony looked at Daryl, smiling at his remark.

"I'm Korean." Glenn replied, before quickly rushing out the wired door leaving it open. Briony, shook her head as she closed the door behind him. Raising her bow at the street.

"Whatever." Daryl shrugged off Glenn's comment and stayed on his guard just behind his sister. Shuffling, coming from behind him, caught his attention. He turned round swiftly, crossbow raised, meeting eye contact with a young boy.

"Woah, don't shoot me!" The sound of a foreign voice then grabbed Briony's attention. She too, turned round, bow raised, glaring at the stranger. "What do you want?" The boys voice cracked as he spoke. Fear clear in his eyes.

Briony studied him, as he stood there surrendering. She guessed he was around 16-18 years old. The boy had short hair, barely any hair on his head. His clothing was plain, a simple white vest top and jeans and a silver chain to compliment the outfit.

"I'm looking for my brother. He's hurt bad. You seen him?" Daryl asked, breaking the silence. Briony stalked towards him, as though he were prey.

The boy suddenly shouted. "Ayudame!" Briony, scrunched up her eyebrows, confused about the word and cross about the noise. He was attracting walkers.

"Shut up." Daryl spoke through gritted teeth. "You'll bring the geeks. Answer me." They paused, waiting for the boy to answer.

"Ayudame!" He repeated. It made Briony snap. She decided that if she said something, he might be put in his place.

"Shut the fuck up, you stupid boy." She glared as she spoke, this seemed to frighten him even more.

"Ayudame!" Daryl raised his fist, he struck the boy with power, the boy dropped to the floor. He started to wriggle on the floor and make a lot of noise.

"Shut up! Shut up!" Two men ran past Briony as he spoke and started to attack Daryl. Daryl was on the floor being kicked, Briony suddenly saw red and she saw a bat being raised and dropped.

She climbed one man like a tree, throwing punches to the back of his head and pulling his hair. In hope of getting him off of her brother. The man threw her off him, then something caught his eye.

His tapped his friend and pointed towards the wired door, Briony turned around too and saw Glenn standing there just staring at the fight that was going on, right in front of him.

"That's it. That's the bag, Vato, take it! Take it!" One of the men suddenly ran after Glenn and punched him in the face. They both started attacking him.

Briony ran up and jumped on the man once more and dug her nails into his eyes, he screamed and tried removing her from his back.

Daryl released an arrow and shot the man who was still attempting to get a hold of Glenn. He started to scream.