Chapter 17

Briony and Daryl had spent the last hour, smoking and getting drunk together. They reminisced about the old days, the good and the bad. Told each other stories of their lives and spend time bonding and getting to know each other and the type of people they were now.

It was weird how although they'd only spent an hour rebuilding their relationship, she felt 10x more closer to Daryl than how she ever felt.

They were just both saddened at how Merle couldn't be there with them to experience it.

Briony was now on her way down the hallway, stumbling about, looking for Shane. Everything around her was disoriented, she was drunk and she was loving it.

Dale passed the young girl across the hallway and looked at her with concern. A girl so young, shouldn't be allowed to get this drunk but it wasn't any of his concern. Although, that didn't stop him from wanting to make sure she was safe.

He approached her with care. She looked up at him. "You okay, darling?" He questioned.

"Y-you know what? You're a very caring man, aren't you grandpa?" She stuttered.

Dale chuckled at her words. "I am indeed."

"A very wise old CHAP." She shouted the last word.

"You're drunk, Briony. Why don't you go get some sleep?" He asked, putting one hand on her back.

"No! I must search for Shane. He's like a dad to me, I must have him w-with in my grasp." She mumbled away. Dale continued to laugh at her. "And, for your information, I am not drunk. You're drunk!" She shouted.

"Shhh." He put his finger to his lip. "People are trying to sleep."

"No, you shh. You're being to loud." She chuckled. "Now! I demand you to tell me where my dad is."

"Want me to help you find-." Dale started.

"Nope." Briony started to walk off. "I'll find him myself." She shouted, trailing off down the hall.

She finally found him in the kids game room, he was slumped down on a white sofa, bottle in hand. She saw a book shelf in the corner of the room. There were loads.

She closed the door behind her and Shane turned around to look at her. "Sweetheart." He smiled. "Come join me." She stumbles over to him and slumped down next to him. He put his arm around her and she cuddled into him.

"Shane?" She started. "You're my dad uno." She told him, he looked at her in awe.

"You're drunk." He replied. "You shouldn't be at 13 years old, young lady."

"See, I told you. You didn't even have to try and you sounded like my dad. So there. You're my dad." She looked up at him and he looked down at her, he kissed her forehead and smiled.

She studied him for a little and saw 3 scratch marks on his jaw and neck. She ran her fingers across them. "What happened?" She asked.

"I fell over." He told her. Although, this was a lie but he couldn't tell her the truth. He didn't trust her enough, as much as he loved her.

She lifted herself up and kissed his cheek. "There, they'll be cured in the morning." She slurred.

"Thank you baby." He thanked, smiling at her.