Chapter 25

Otis, Shane and Rick walked out of the front door, towards the truck that was outside the front yard.

Briony furrowed her eyebrows and headed over to them. "Just get what you need and get out of there." Rick told Shane, one hand on his back as Shane put a bag in the back of the truck.

Otis and his wife, Patricia, hugged next to the truck as Briony lifted her hand and tapped Shane who turned around with a smile.

"Where are you going?" Briony asked.

Shane put his hands on his hips, looking down at her. "To a nearby high school, Carl needs certain supplies to stay alive." Briony felt scared, to be left alone with these strangers.

Shane grabbed her and pulled her in for a hug. "I'll be back, that's a promise." She wrapped her arms around him and squeezed him tightly.

"I love you." Briony muffled, her head in his chest.

"I love you too, Kiddo." He rubbed her back and let her go. She looked up at him with a smile and then sighed.

He proceeded into the car, Briony put her hand into the car, Shane grabbed it and gave it a squeeze, looking at her. "Be safe." She told him.

He winked and nodded. She backed away from the truck as Otis hopped in and started up the engine.

They headed off down the road and Briony watched them until they disappeared.

"Let's check on your boy." Hershel told Rick, patting his back. Rick nodded and followed behind Hershel.

Briony followed in behind them, there was a young girl with short brown hair preparing herself to go out and retrieve Lori.

She walked up to the young girl to talk and introduce herself, the brown haired girl looked at her, Briony stuck out her hand, the young girl smiled and took it. Shaking it.

"Briony. Briony Dixon." She introduced.

"I'm Maggie. Maggie Greene." Maggie shook her hand and smiled, before letting go. "I've gotta go and get Lori, I'll be back later and we can talk, yeah?"

Briony nodded. "Quick question." Briony showed Maggie her knuckle and she gasped. "Patricia!" She called and Otis's wife appeared.
"Take a look at Briony's hand while I gather a horse and look for Lori."

"Horse?" Briony questioned, Patricia nodded and Maggie walked out of the door. Patricia led Briony to a table and chairs and got her to sit down.

She grabbed a medical kit and started to work away at her knuckle. "How an earth did you manage this?" Patricia asked.

Briony scoffed. "I have a slight anger problem." She paused as Patricia gave her a look of curiosity.  "Basically, I punched a car door, it split open, Shane fixed it and as I was walking through the forest I scrapped it on a tree and it split open again."

Patricia chuckled. "It's going to leave a hefty scar."

Briony shrugged her shoulders. "I don't mind, it'll make me look badass." She winked.

"Looks as though you have a piece of bark in your knuckle." Patricia announced and grabbed some tweezers. "This might hurt."

She put the tweezers straight into the wound and Briony whelped, Patricia pulled out the bark and studied it and put it down onto the table before cleaning, stitching and bandaging up the wound.

Patricia pinned the bandage and looked deeply into Briony's eyes. "Thank you." Briony smiled and Patricia returned the smile, she grabbed a packet of painkillers and took 2 out, along with some antibiotics, passing them to Briony.

The Lone Buck ↣ The Walking DeadOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara