Chapter 19

"What the hell does that mean?" Daryl asked, walking right behind him. Jenner, ignored his question.
"Hey, man, I'm talking to you What do you mean it's shutting itself down? How can a building do anything?"

"You'd be surprised." Jenner replied. Rick and the boy's ran through the door below the stairs.

Briony followed just behind her brother as they descended down the stairs.

"Jenner, what's happening?" Rick asked, standing in front of him. Jenner started to move forwards and Rick moved along with him.
The rest of the group followed behind.

"The system is dropping all non-essential uses of power. It's designed to keep the computers running to the last possible second." They all followed him to the middle of Section Five where TS-19 was held.

He stopped for a minute, everyone stood there silent waiting for him to do something. He turned and passed the bottle to Daryl, in return, Daryl snatched it out of his hand and stared at him.

"It was the French." Jenner started.

"What?" Andrea asked.

"They were the last to hold out as far as I know. While our people committed suicide, they stay in the labs to the end. They thought they were close to a solution." Jenner continued.

"What happened?" Jacqui asked.

"Same thing that happening here. No power grid. Ran out of juice. The world runs on fossil fuel. I mean, how stupid is that?" Jenner scrunched up his face and started to walk away.

"Let me tell you..." Shane raged, racing up the stairs to grab a hold of Jenner.

Rick grabbed Shane just in time.
"The hell with this Shane, I don't even care!" Rick turned and faced the group. "Lori, grab our things. Everybody. We're getting out of here now!"

Daryl grabbed a hold of Briony and they started to run. An alarm started blaring and everyone stopped and looked around.

Briony's heart was pulsing out of her chest. There was no way she wanted to die here.

"30 minutes to decontamination." Vi spoke.

"Doc, what going on here, damn it?" Someone shouted.

"Everybody y'all heard Rick, grab your stuff and let's go!" Shane ordered. T-Dog signaled for them all to follow him, they started to but the entrance to the door caught everyone's attention as its slid shut within seconds.

"Did he just lock us in?" Glenn asked. "He just locked us in!"

Daryl's breathing increased. "You son of a bitch!" Daryl started to run towards him.

It was all happening way too quickly for Briony to comprehend.

"Shane!" Rick shouted and pointed to Daryl who was about to attack Jenner. Shane ran over and grabbed Daryl as Daryl raised his hand, bottle in his grasp, about to smash Jenner over the head with it.

T-Dog rushed over to help as well, Briony moved closer, watching on to make sure she was there to help them out if anything went wrong.

"Ill kill you." Daryl shouted, Shane pushed him away.

"No, no, no, no. Don't do that." T-Dog panicked holding onto him. Using their strength they dragged him away from Jenner.

Briony looked over at Jenner who was straightening out his lab coat and composing himself. She glared as she looked upon him.

She proceeded over to her brother, Shane and T-Dog. "I can take it from here." They nodded, seeing her calm composure, they walked away towards Jenner.