Chapter 6

"When are they gonna hurry up?" Briony questioned as she sat in the back of an old company truck that the group had taken, with Daryl. Rick and T-Dog, the black guy she had now learnt the name of after asking her brother, were making a deal with Dale.

"I'll get them to hurry up." Daryl replied, he was sick and tired of waiting too. He wanted to get to his brother as quickly as possible and let the three of them be family again. Although he didn't show it that much anymore, he still had a heart of gold. Especially for his little sister.

Daryl stood up and started honking the horn grabbing Rick and T-Dogs attention. "Come on, let's go!" He shouted at them. T-Dog climbed into the truck while Shane started talking to Rick making the wait even longer. Briony groaned as she grew impatient, she only had a short attention span and couldn't sit around doing nothing for long.

"Come on! By the time we get there we'll all be dead! Rick hurry up!" Briony shouted, not being able to wait any longer. She saw Shane give Rick 4 bullets then watched Rick walk round to the front of the truck and sit in the front. "He took his time." Briony moaned and Daryl shut the shutter, then sat down next to Briony. The Chinese boy hit the pedal and they drove away from the camp.

It was time for the siblings to reunite once again.

↠ ↠ ↠ ↠

"He better be okay. It's my only word in the matter." Daryl spoke as they neared the city. Briony sat opposite her brother bow in hand, back up weapons in her pockets. She was ready for whatever shit the city would throw at her.

"I told you. The geeks can't get at him." T-Dog replied while looking Daryl straight in the eye. "Only thing that's gonna get through that door is us." Daryl wiped his top lip with a red hankachief, eyeing T-Dog as he spoke.
"To be honest, I'm sure he'll be fine Daryl, this is Merle we're talking about. When has something ever stopped him?" Briony asked and Daryl smiled knowingly.

Ching, Briony's nickname for the Chinese boy she hadn't learnt the name of yet, pulled up as the conversation died. At least she didn't have to sit there for another 10 minutes in awkward silence.

"We walk from here." The boy announced, turning off the engine and turning round to look at the three of them at the back. Daryl got up and helped his little sister up as Rick and Ching got out of the front of the truck.

Daryl lifted up the back door of the truck and jumped down with ease, Briony coming out just after him with her weapons at the ready with T-Dog just behind her. Briony had a blunt expression on her face as she looked around seeing train tracks surrounding them, with many wired fences.

"Come on." Daryl ushered Briony to follow as Ching and Rick started jogging towards the wired fence and the three of them jogged up just behind them. Briony loved the sound of the small stones grinding against her shoes and the floor, it was so satisfying to her.

She continued to purposely kick the stones underneath her feet until they reach the fence which had a small hole in it. Rick climbed through first, Daryl next, T-Dog, Ching and then Briony.

"You okay getting through there?" Ching asked Briony, reaching out his hand to give her some help. She nodded but grabbed his hand for security and he helped her through.

"Thanks." She replies once through the small hole. He nodded and they both turned to look at Rick.

"Merle first or guns?" Rick asked, turning to look at them all but mostly Ching.

"Merle! We ain't even having this conversation." Daryl told Rick giving him a dirty look. Briony wiped her hands on her ripped jeans and looked up at them all.