Chapter 9

"Hey, what's your name?" Briony decided to ask the boy she was walking next to, while they approached the area of where the group were living.

"Miguel." He responded, smiling at her.

Daryl kisses his teeth. "Stop talking too him." He spat, making Briony jump a little, due to the tone of his voice. She gritted her teeth, put her hands up to show defeat and continued walking ahead of the two of them.

As they stood in front of the door, Rick pushed Miguel forwards towards the door so he was in front and they just followed behind. The front of the place was really trashy, graffiti had been sprayed all over the walls and the structure was awful. It looked as though the whole place was going to collapse.

They reached the front door, with their weapons held up, ready. After a short amount of time, the doors opened. Slowly revealing a very tanned man with a small beard. He took a few small steps forwarding, causing the sunlight to hit him so they saw him clearer. He was wearing a chain, a striped shirt and a black vest top underneath.

"You okay, little man?" He questioned with an accent. Briony raised an eyebrow at the man, studying him. She guessed this was Guillermo.

"They're gonna cut off my feet." Miguel pleaded.

"Cops do that?" Guillermo questioned, looking confused in Rick's direction.

"Not him. This redneck Puto here. He cut some dudes hand. He showed me." Miguel spoke, pointing at Daryl.

"Shut up. That's the Vato right there. He shot me in the arse with an arrow." A voice came out from behind G and stepped out into the sunlight. Another popped out too just on the other side of G.

Briony stared at both of the guys who joined G side and recognized who they were. The 2 men that had attack her and her brother in the alleyway. The guy she had scratched had 3 clear, red marks on both sides of his eyes.

She suddenly became very defensive and stepped forward with her arrow up as the 2 men, drew their guns upwards, pointing them both at Daryl.

"What's up, huh?" One of the guys spoke, looking at Briony as she stepped forwards and then at Daryl.

"Fuck you." Briony spat, she moved over in front of Daryl. Although she didn't cover the whole of his body, she was protecting half of him if they decided to shoot.

"Chill, Ese, chill." Guillermo put his hand on the guys arm and they both withdrew their guns. "Chill."

"Stupid prick." Briony whispered as Daryl pulled her back, next to him. Guillermo glared at her sharply for a short period of time then looked back at Rick.

"This true?" He questioned. "He wants Miguelito's feet? That's pretty sick, man."

"We were hoping for a more calm discussion." Rick addressed.

"The hillbilly jumps Felipe's cousin, beats him, threatens to cut off his feet, Felipe gets an arrow in the arse, and you want a calm discussion. You fascinate me."

Briony kissed her teeth. "Errr, well, they did jump us to be fair." She stepped forwards once again.

"Heat of the moment." Rick overtook and pulled Briony back a little. "Mistakes were made... On both sides."

"Who's that dude to you anyway? You don't look related?" Guillermo questioned referring to Daryl.

"He's one of our group, more or less. Her brother." Rick answered for Briony, G looked at her, then at Daryl and then at Rick. "I'm sure you have a few like him.

"You got my brother in there?" Daryl interrupted.

G smiled and shook his head"Sorry we're fresh out of white boys. But I got an Asian. Interested?"