Chapter 15

"Chick, get up." Daryl shook Briony to wake her up, they'd finally reached the CDC. "Get your bow, it looks like a graveyard."

She yawned, rubbed her eyes and stretched, before opening the car door, stepping out into the crisp air.

She grabbed some rope out of the back of the truck, quickly making a leash for Bandit. She wrapped it around his neck and he jumped out of the car behind her.

"Stay on your guard." Daryl advised. "We don't know what the fuck this place is." She nodded, closing the car door.

She slung her bag of arrows onto her left shoulder, along with her bow. Bandit's leash in her right hand, with Bandit on the other end.

They joined the rest of the group as they all clustered together, slowly walking towards the large building.

Bodies among bodies were piled up with flies feasting on them. The smell was vile, Briony was gagging and coughing. She tried to breathe through her mouth to make it bearable.

"All right, everybody, keep moving." Rick whispered. "Go on. Stay quiet. Let's go."

As they moved closer the smell and the buzzing of the flies intensified, causing a lot more people in the group to react the same as Briony.

"Ohh... Ohh!" Glenn muffled, as they passed what used to be the security building.

"Keep moving. Stay together." Rick ordered, leading the group. "Keep moving. Come on."

"Shh." Someone shushed as a lot of people started to make a fuss about the smell.

"Daryl, it stinks." Briony whispered, she looked up at him, disgust all over her face.

"Suck it up." He replied. Looking at every dead body that they passed.

"Oh, God." Glenn cringed.

"Let's go." Rick pushed and the group began moving quicker to the huge building. "Keep it together. Come on."

"We're trying." Briony whispered back, getting annoyed that he kept repeating himself.

"We're almost there, baby. Almost there." Lori told Carl ahead of Briony.

Rick and Shane reached the shutters, the rest of the group just behind and tried to push them.

"Nothing?" Shane continued to try and push the shutters. Nothing. He started banging on them but also, nothing.

"There's nobody here." T-Dog spoke. Briony rolled her eyes. The lack of hope in this group was unreal, they'd been there 2 seconds.

"Then why are these shutters down?" Rick asked.

"Walkers!" Daryl shouted warning the group from behind Briony.

She turned around swiftly to see how close it was, Daryl then shot an arrow straight into it's skull.

Sophia started to cry, Carol kept her arm around her daughter protecting her.

"You led us into a graveyard!" Daryl shouted.

"He made a call." Shane argued as Daryl stormed towards Rick.

"It was the wrong damn call." Daryl argued.

"You shut up. Shut up!" Shane lightly pushed Daryl causing Bandit to bark at Shane.

Even Bandit didn't like it when people came for Briony's brother. "Shhhh, good boy." Briony praised.

"Rick this is a dead end." Shane shouted. Briony didn't get involved in the conflict, it wasn't worth it.

"Where are we going to go?" Carol asked.