6 - Confusing Desires

Start from the beginning

"Still waters run deep, huh?"

The other prattled something in Spanish, making Raine laugh harder, giving his brother the finger.

"This is Juice," Raine introduced him. "Haven't seen the guy in years. Got to know him back in high school when I was part of some exchange program. He's cool, although he's wearing the wrong kutte." He gave Juice a playful wink, giving Juice the feeling his heart could jump out of his chest at any moment. Man, what the hell was wrong with him today?! He felt so... self-conscious... even more than he usually did.

"I'm Angel," the other man said, holding out his hand. Juice shook it.

Raine aimed his attention to his friend. "So... You're here to disrupt my new bromance, you little jealous bitch?"

Smirking, the Mayan shrugged his shoulders. "I was curious. You never leave Sasha alone this long, especially not when Esai is showing her around."

"Esai? I asked Sammy to keep an eye on her."

"C'mon... Like she ever says no to Esai."

Sighing, Raine got on his feet. "Where are they?"

"Where do you think? There's a water fight goin' on by the lake. All those chicks with soaking wet clothes... where else would he be?"

Angel stood up as well, fishing a cigarette out of a pack and nodding to them, before he turned around and sat down next to a girl that had apparently attracted his attention.

Juice got up too and increased his pace, so he could walk next to Raine. "You don't trust your best friend with your niece?"

"Somehow Esai's a chick magnet when he's walkin' around with a little kid. Which he knows all too well. Last week he promised to look after her for a few hours; later I found out that he'd hooked up with some girl, banging her in his room, while he left Sasha alone with the TV for two hours. She was watching something that was way too scary for her; she still has nightmares. So if he sees another hot chick... he'll only think with his dick, not paying attention to Sas at all."

Walking through the crowd, they headed over to the lake where mainly children were running around, squirting each other with super soaker water pistols and throwing buckets of water. Juice's eyes glided across the screeching little ones to find Sasha. Suddenly, he got a bucket of water thrown over him.

Cursing, he turned around. Mouse stood there, and a moment later Sammy showed up next to her, treating her brother to the same amount of water. Squealing, the girls ran away.

"Oh, just you wait!" Raine laughed, wiping the water from his face. He looked around, and his shoulders relaxed. "Ah, Sas is with my uncle." He nodded to the side. A few Mayans were sitting on the side, a man with black shoulder-length hair was playing with the girl. "So how about throwing those girls into the lake?"

There was a boyish spark in Raine's eyes, causing a wide grin on Juice's face. For a moment it felt like there was no club at all, like they were just a bunch of big lugs who wanted to get back at their little sisters.

They found the two girls at the edge of the lake. As Mouse was bending over to fill a bucket, Juice grabbed her, simply swung her over his shoulder and ran away to a place where the water looked deeper. He smirked at Raine who was following him, his little sister screeching and struggling in his arms. On three, they threw the girls into the lake, laughing as they went under.

After the two recovered from the shock, they shrugged their shoulders and decided to swim to the other side of the lake.

"Well, seems like they've found each other too." Juice bit the inside of his cheek when he heard his own words. Too. He felt the heat creep to his face and didn't dare to look at Raine anymore.