Chapter 52

Taylor's POV

I'm not drunk. No. Definitely not drunk. But I haven't had a headache like this in such a long time. I don't even remember the last time it felt like somebody was constantly stomping on my head. I really want to open my eyes, but I'm relying on my past experiences with these types of headaches, that as soon as I do, my stomach is going to release everything it was holding.

There's movement next to me. Thinking it could be Sage, I force my eyes open. And just as I knew, I'm springing off of this mattress that I just found out isn't mine, and running towards the nearest trash can.

I find a bathroom instead and miss the toilet by a millisecond.

"Damnit." I hear a straining voice behind me. "First you come home with me and don't even have sex with me, then you wake up and puke all over my fucking bathroom floor." She grunts and leaves the room.

Fuck. Shit. Fuck fuck fuck. Shitty shit shit.

What the fuck did I do?

If Sage finds out...

Sage's POV

"What are you trying to say?" I ask through my tears. Covering my mouth barely muffles the sobs trying to escape. I don't want to hear this right now.

"His condition is only getting worse. Even the medication we're putting him on now isn't fixing anything, just keeping him alive longer. He is in a lot of pain right now Mrs. Russo." My breath hitches when she calls me that. "He needs all of the rest he can get." She's looking at me with sympathy right now but I don't want that. I want her to give my father something so that he can actually function properly with. I don't want to hear this crap about not being able to do anything.

"For all the money that is paid, you're telling me that there isn't anything you can do but keep him as a carrot?" I seethe. I've been lightheaded all day. My back is killing me, my feet are sore, my hair is a mess on top of my head, and I refuse to wear the sweatpants that are Taylor's. I'm not the prettiest sight right now.

"Mrs. Russo, you have to understand that there isn't a cure for him. All we can do is give him something for the pain." I turn around so I don't have to look at her. I need to breathe.

1
2
3
4
5

"So." I turn to face her again. There's no point in clearing my throat, I've been crying all morning. "You said he doesn't have as much time, how much time does he have now?"

"We can't give you an answer." She replies and walks away.

I immediately call Sergio and cry to him over the phone.

"Sage, calm down. Stressing isn't good for the babies." His accent flows over the phone, just like Taylor's.

"They s-said that they c-c-can't give him a-anything else. He w-won't even w-wake up right now." He probably can't hear me over the phone while I'm bawling my eyes out in the sitting room.

"I'm sorry you're going through so much today. It's going to be okay. Taylor really is an idioto though, I am going to have a serious talk with him." Him rambling confuses me.

"What do you need to talk to Taylor about?" I ask stupidly. It's none of my business, but I really do miss him.

"About his behavior last night. I had no idea Sage, or trust me, I would have stopped him." What is he talking about?

"I'm sorry. I have to go." And I hang up.

I pull up the browser on my phone and type in Taylor's full name.

Taylor Russo

The first result is an article that shows a picture of him leaving the club with a brunette last night.