Chapter 25

Taylor's POV

My body is sore when I wake up from my uncomfortable sleeping position. I forgot how to sleep without Sage. My arm fits perfectly around her waist while her body curls into my chest. Her baby hairs on her forehead truffle lightly when her head is tucked under my chin. The way she moves one of her legs between mine without knowing. Even the way she buries her head into my chest. Especially when her fist gets a bit clammy in her sleep and settles on my ribcage. She's like my personal security blanket.

She needs to come back home.

What if I moved her in with me? Then she would be in bed with me every night and I would wake up to her every morning. I wouldn't mind, I wouldn't hesitate to move her stuff in myself. We could shower together every day and I wouldn't have to worry about her being safe because she'll stay at home all day pregnant. And if not pregnant, she'll be taking care of the baby. When she doesn't need to take care of the baby anymore, we'll have another one. We don't need to be married. She was mine ever since I met her at the hospital. She was stuck with me forever once I got her pregnant, and I don't think I would have went along with the arrangement if it wasn't Sage. I want Sage, it is as simple as that.

She feel asleep on me while talking on the phone and I fell asleep to her breathing lightly into the speaker.

She told me she would be home today around two'o'clock. But I woke up early and I'm exhausted. It's only noon so I have to wait two more hours until she gets here. This will be the longest two hours of my life.

My little sister Sophia is the first person I see when I walk into the kitchen. Sitting on the counter like she knows she isn't supposed to. I would usually call her out on it, but I'm just not in the mood to be a no-fun big brother. "Good morning Sophia." I greet her.

She crosses her arms and glares at me. "Apa' said Sage doesn't want to talk to you." Great. She even won Sophia over. "Why is Sage mad at you?"

"Did you know Sage is having a baby?" Her fact lightens up immediately.

I catch her in my arms right before she plummets to the marble floor from jumping. "Does that mean you're getting married?" she asks hopefully.

"Yes. She is going to marry me because I'm going to be the father of her baby." I smile for the first time today.

"Can you make me cereal? Apa' doesn't want me getting on the latter to reach the cabinets." She twists and points to the stepladder. Now she wants to be nice?

"Why don't you have Jade do it?" She honestly could have done it herself and got away with it. She had no problem grabbing the whole box of fruit snacks.

"Jade is a maid Taylor. Not a chef." she surprises me by saying.

"You sound like Sage." I mutter. "Are you excited to be an aunt?" I ask her with a smile. She's been an aunt for a while now, she even has a niece older than her. We just don't talk to them because they have horrible attitudes and behaviors.

"Yes. Can I see the baby when Sage stops being mad at you?" She looks up at me with the most hopeful expression, one that she knew I couldn't say "no" to.

"She isn't mad at me Sophia. I just talked to her yesterday." I groan and put her down to grab the cereal. And of course, because of Sophia's sticky fingers, is put all the way on the top shelf.

"Apa' said you're stupid for not being her boyfriend."

"Apa' doesn't know what he's talking about." I'm growing irritated by this conversation.

"Apa' says you should bring her to the Gala this weekend." She goes on. Who knew a five-year-old could be so persistent.

"How do you know what a Gala is?" I question genuinely curious.