Chapter 45

Sage's POV

There's something touching my face, sending shivers through me, even with my half-conscious mind. It's the slightest touch, running up and down, across my cheek. Just one, not the other. I want to move and see where it's coming from, but I don't want to scare the gentleness away. I'm afraid even a heavy breath will waver its current. So soft. And so sweet...

"Cara mia, wake up." And I feel a pair of lips on my left cheek, then right, then forehead, then chin. He doesn't leave a place untouched before he sets them on my lips, letting them linger, and waking me up fully in the process.

I open my eyes, and silently thank The Lord for Taylor being considerate and leaving the lights off in the room. The only flow of light coming from the en suite, but just enough for me to see and sit up fully without knocking anything in the process.

My eyes adjust to the room and see Taylor smiling at me, amused. I wish I could just look at him forever, in his suit, sitting on the bed next to me. I would definitely wake up this early every morning if it meant waking up to him.

I throw my arms around him lazily and sag into his chest. He smells so good. I'm probably wrinkling his suit, and he's probably mentally scolding me, just too polite to voice it out loud.

"Good morning cara mia." He coos into my ear while hugging back. He is always so warm, who would have known somebody can be so strong yet gentle at the same time.

"Good morning Taylor." I don't want to talk to his face, his shoulder will bear my morning breath instead.

"You'd better let go, before I don't want to and I'm going to be late for work." He laughs. I should just force him into holding me forever.

I let go first though.

"Go get ready. Your clothes are in the bathroom, shower if you want. Just be ready in half an hour." He kisses my forehead again before getting off the bed and helping me up like I'm a china doll. I feel like one, I'm so tired.

He picked out a pear of black Nike sweats that got slimmer by the ankles, a white hoodie, and even set my shoes aside with a pair of Nike socks. I didn't even know he bought be all of these Nike clothes. The Roshe Runs were a perfect fit, they were black and white, of course matching perfectly. I loved that he had such good taste in clothes, especially when it came to picking out mine.

He took me to Starbucks for breakfast in his white Rolls Royce, I didn't even know he had, and he got me every single fruity thing on the menu, saying I might get hungry later while he is in a meeting. I would probably manage perfectly fine, especially with the five smoothies he ordered. I won't lie, he has me addicted.

~

"Cara mia, swallow the damn vitamin for Christ's sake!" He groans irritated.

"M-mmm." I humm with my lips sealed tightly. It tastes like fish, and even makes my breath smell like fish. The other ones I was perfectly fine taking, but this one the size of a golf-ball was a definite no-no.

He's sitting on top of his very large cherry oakwood desk. It practically screams authority. His legs are parted with me between them, looking down. He already has a height advantage standing, so when sitting on the desk makes him about an inch taller than usual.

"If you don't eat it...then..." He searches around the room, thinking of a dry-threat. We both know that if I don't want to take the vitamin, then I won't take it.

"I'm not taking it Taylor!" I turn and throw my hands in the air exasperated. I take enough damn vitamins, the baby is probably body building while inside me.