"How did you know?"

"I saw him looking at you."

"Y-you did?" Juice stammered. His eyes shot back to the group of men.

She laughed quietly. Whether he was in love or had a desperate wish to become friends – it was cute either way.

"Is that his kid?" she asked curiously.

Juice shook his head, softly answering: "No, she's his niece. The daughter of his sick sister."

"Go talk to him," she encouraged him.

"Wouldn't that be stupid?" he muttered. "It's been two months since we talked. I wouldn't know what to say to him." His head was bowed down, his thumb tracing the ink lines on his left arm. "Maybe I was the only one feeling that click. Maybe I'm the only one who wants to be friends."

"Sweetie, you're the best friend anyone can wish for. Of course he wants to be friends with you."

He sighed. "But I can't just walk over to him. I'm sure I will make a fool of myself."

Knowing Juice when he was nervous... yeah, he was probably right.

"Shall I ask him out?" she mused. "He looks like a great guy. I'll take him home for a drink afterwards. You'd have an excuse to see each other without your brothers getting suspicious."

Juice looked nervously at her. "Won't that be stupid?" he muttered.

"Doing nothing is stupid, Juice."

"Then what are you going to do? Just head over to him and ask him out?"

"Why not? He's surrounded by his friends, you really think he dares to turn down a hot chick like me?"

He chuckled softly. Skye was happy to see him smile again.

Her glance slid back to Raine. He was taking a bag of chips from a girl, who sat down next to him. "Hey, that's Sammy," she said in surprise.

Juice looked up. "You know his sister?"

"Yeah, she helps me with the puppet show every now and then."

One day, Skye found her upset and in tears in the hallway because of her sister's disease. To distract her, she had asked the girl if she'd like to help her with the performance. She had even filled in for her partner one time.

"This is perfect! I'm going to say hi to her, hang out with them and then you can join me a little later. None of your friends will think that's weird. They all know how protective you are of me."

She patted his knee, got up and walked to the group of Mayans.

"Hey Sam! How nice to see you here!" She flopped down next to the girl.

"Oh hi! Umm... this is my brother, Raine."

With a smirk that was a little too obvious, Skye looked at the biker while shaking his hand. His arms were muscular, the tattoos on them gleaming. There was a calculating look in Raine's eyes; he must have seen her sitting next to Juice.

"Hey," she said. "Nice to meet you. Actually, I wanted to ask you out."

Okay, plan B was set in motion. In case Juice was too chicken to join her. Which he most probably was.

Raine looked a little bewildered at the girl. Well... That one had a sharp tongue. She looked a little too eccentric for his taste, but she seemed nice.

"Why's that?" he asked, lifting the corner of his mouth. He had seen her sitting next to Juice and was curious to see if she would mention him.

"You're hot," she winked. "Juice told me how you helped him with the Rubik's Cube. That thing is his new hobby now so I thought: maybe you can get me a new hobby too."