Chapter 14• Breakups & Heartbreaks

Ava's POV

Its been a couple of months since I have seen The Shield. Aj and Kyle are still forcing me to stay away from them and I'm still being forced to hang out with Kyle. I sat alone in catering watching Dean's match against Bray Wyatt. I really wish I was there to cheer him on.

"Hey, sis. Watcha doin?" Aj asked sitting next to me.

"What does it look like?" I snapped. Aj rolled her eyes and walked away. Dean hit Bray with Dirty Deeds and covered him for the win. I smiled softly as he got his hand raised in victory.

I walked up to the curtain warming up for my match with Summer Rae. My music hit and the crowd cheered as I made my way down the ramp. Summer glared at me from inside the ring. I noticed that The Shield haven't left the ring yet. I slowly slipped into the ring, keeping my distance.

The ref told them to get out of the ring, and just as they were going to, Summer just threw herself on Dean and kissed him right in front of me. I shut my eyes, trying to pretend that none of that ever happened. The ref rang the bell and I immediately charged at Summer, knocking her down.

The ref backed me up and checked up on Summer. I lightly pushed the ref away and locked in the Black Widow on Summer. She immediately tapped and the bell rung but I didn't let go. The ref started yelling at me to let go but I wouldn't listen. Then a felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist, pulling we off of Summer. I started flailing around.

"Ava, Ava. Calm down." Dean soothed. He leaned in to kiss me but I remembered the deal I have with Aj. I shoved Dean away and walked up the ramp as I left both Dean and everyone else confused because of my actions. I walked into the Divas locker room and sat down in the back, bawling my eyes out.

Why did I ever agree on any of this? I kept crying quietly in the back until I noticed something. Aj can't control me. Eventhough she might be my older sister, she can't tell me how to live my life. I wiped the tears away and walked out the door. As I was doing so I bumped into Aj.

"Where then hell do you think you're going?" She asked.

"Fuck off." I said and kept walking. I stopped at the Shield's locker room. Should I knock? Should I just barge in? I quietly opened the door and gasped at the sight. Dean and Summer were sucking eachother's faces off.

Then I remembered the night I told him about Kyle.

*Flashback*

"Well, when I was younger, I had a boyfriend named Kyle and I was madly in love with him. One night, we had sex. But then the next morning, he wasn't beside me. I went downstairs and he was fucking another girl right on the fucking damn floor." I said. He looked at me sympathetically.

"Ava, I promise you, that I would never do that to you in any way. I would never cheat on you." he said. I smiled and nodded.

*End of Flashback

"Liar." I whispered to my self as tears streamed down my face again. Aj was right, Dean was an asshole. I walked out not bothering to close the door in the process. I can't do this storyline with those three anymore. I knocked on Steph's door.

"Come in." I heard a faint voice say.

"Ah, Ava. It's so great to see you. What can I do for you?" She asked sweetly.

"I just want to say something about the storyline I have with The Shield. " I said sitting down.

"Do you want to have the other three here?" She asked.

"I don't think that would be necess-."

She picked up her phone and called them anyway. "They'll be here in just a few minutes." She said.

After a few minutes, they all arrived.

"Hey Steph. You wanted to see us?" Dean said sitting down next to me. I rolled my eyes as he gave me a smile.

"Yes. But its actually Ava who needed to say something?" Stephanie said gesturing to me.

"I can't do this storyline anymore." I said.

"What, why not?" They all asked.

"Things just happened," I said looking at Dean. "And I don't feel comfortable doing this anymore.

"Is it because Summer kissed me in the ring?" Dean blurted out.

"That's not the only reason why.." I muttered rolling my eyes.

"I'm sensing some tension here. I'll leave you four alone so you can talk this out." Stephanie said walking out.

"So what's the other reason?" Dean asked

"You should know what I'm talking about." I spat.

"Ava, I don't know what your talking about." He said.

"Don't act dumb."

"Im not acting dumb, Ava. I have no idea what your talking about!" Dean said raising his voice.

"Oh ok. So sucking Summer's face off, let's say uh 15 minutes ago, doesn't sound familiar to you?" I shot at him.

He stayed silent for a few minutes. "Ava, that meant nothing to me." He said.

"Oh, so you just kiss people for the fun of it? Every time you kiss me, it doesn't mean anything?" I asked.

"Ava, that's not what I meant." He argued. "I would never cheat on you."

"Oh wow, those words sound awfully familiar. Now where did I hear them from. Oh yeah! A couple months ago when I told you what Kyle did to me when I was younger, you promised that you would never hurt me in any way! You wouldn't do anything like that! You wouldn't cheat on me!" I shouted.

"Well, this wouldn't be happening if you didn't avoid us." Seth muttered.

"I have a good reason for that!" I said.

"Well what is it?" Dean snapped.

"I did it for you guys. Aj told me if I wouldn't stay away, she would bump me back to NXT since she's with the Authority. And every week that you guys are here, you'll have handicap matches, non stop. I didn't want to see you guys suffer just because I couldn't stay away. And the worse part is, I couldn't do anything about it." I said.

They stayed quiet for a moment.

"That's really selfish of you." Dean said.

"Excuse me? Did you not hear a word I just said?" I spat.

"You said if you didn't stay away, you would go back to NXT. I know what this is all about now. You just don't want to go back down there. You never gave a damn about any of us." Dean said angrily.

"You've got to be kidding me right now! That's not what I meant!" I shouted. They had blank faces on.

"You know what, fine! Be that way! This whole storyline is over. I don't want to do anything with you three. From now on, we should just stay away from each other." I said getting up to leave. Just as I was about to walk out, I turned back around.

"And Dean, we're through. You said you loved me, and that you would never hurt me. All bullshit! Aj warned me about you. And she was right. You're such a dick! I should've listened to her in the first place." I said then slammed the door behind me.