Chapter 50: Thinking About You

Dean's POV (Yay!!)

I was walking around the arena looking for the others. AJ and I just got out of our match a few minutes ago and I already lost her. How did she run off that quickly already? I will never understand that girl.

Where the hell are they? I thought looking around.

I checked The Shield's locker room. Empty. Dammit. I sighed and kept walking. I passed by Randy and he looked pretty pissed. I chose to casually ignore him, like I always do.

"Ambrose!"

I shut my eyes and exhaled deeply. I slowly turned around just as Randy started to walk toward me.

What does he want now? I didn't do anything. Wait did I? Hold on, where did I put that big bag of-

Randy got all up in my face, interrupting my thoughts.

Okay well it's his fault if I can't find that bag of-

"Stay the hell away from Ava." Randy growled.

I smirked, "All I did was help the girl out, when you didn't. I mean what kind of tag team partner are you?"

"I don't have time for you to screw around with me, Dean. This is your last and only warning. Stay. Away. From. Ava. Are we clear?"

I gave him a slight grin before strolling away. I continued my search for the others. Then it hit me.

Catering.

Of course. Seth is always there anyways. That dude loves his food. Sometimes I wonder if he loves food more than he loves Leighla. When I arrived at catering the group seemed a little larger than usual. No Renee.... Okay time for a headcount.

Seth? Check.
Roman? Check.
AJ? Check.
Isa? Check.
Leighla? Check.
Brie? Okay well that's new, but 'Check' anyways.
Punk? Check.
Ava? Che- Whoa, whoa, hold up. Ava? What is she doing here?

I know it was probably bad but I decided to do a little eavesdropping.

"I just couldn't make him any more happier than he is with Renee."

"Why are you putting yourself down like that? " Brie asked.

"Because I don't have any chance with Dean anymore. He had a broken heart. Renee fixed it. He had a hole in his heart. Renee filled it. Dean has Renee now. How can I be happy with him, when he's happy with someone else? So therefore, I cannot be associated with Dean whatsoever. It will just hurt me even more than it's hurting me now." Ava answered.

"Dont you want to be happy again? Don't you want another happy ending?" Isa asked.

"Even if I do have another guy to be happy with, he won't make me as happy as Dean made me feel. Dean, Dean made me feel special. And actually wanted. There was just something about him that I just wanted more of. And that was his love. He loved me so much. But I couldn't give back that same amount of love." Ava replied.

"He still cares about you Ava." Punk said.

"He'll never stop loving you." AJ added.

She sniffed, "I just want to hold him one last time. There's still a little bit of his face I hadn't kissed yet. I mean, even though he's not directly beside me, I could still feel his presence. Every day, every morning, I wake up alone. If I could just wake up with him next to me one last time, I'll let him go. I just need to feel him with with me. My life isn't complete without him. There's never a day that goes by without me regretting everything I did."

"I just need him to hold me again. I need him to catch me everytime I fall."

"Just one last time...."

I didn't know Ava felt that way. I can't believe she just poured out her feelings towards me. The only reason why I found Renee was because I thought she didn't love me anymore. Because she only betrayed me because she didn't love me anymore. Ava really did do those things to protect us. Ugggghh!! I feel like a huge jerk. Wait no, an asshole. Dammit. I need to find a way to make it up to her.

Suddenly I got a text from Roman. I opened up and read it.

'Meet me at the Gorilla. '

I looked up and Roman was staring at me. He cocked his head to the side, gesturing me to leave.

I've been caught.. Great.

I sighed and walked away from catering and to the Gorilla position. I sat on a chair nearby and tapped my foot. Roman came up walking towards me.

"How much did you hear?" He asked.

"Maybe like half of it?" I answered uncertainly.

"I didn't know she still loved me." I added scratching the back of my neck.

"Why wouldn't she?" Roman questioned.
"I don't know. It just happened so quickly. First I fall really hard for a girl. Then the next thing I know, BAM! She stabbes me in the back." I explained standing up.

"I was going to propose, Ro. I loved her so much." I said sitting back down. I covered my face in my hands.

"But you still love her, right? " He clarified.

I paused for a few seconds. I nodded my head in response.

"I never stopped loving her. But if you really love someone you have to let them go, right?" I said.

Roman put a hand on my shoulder. "She'll pull through. You guys always seem to find a way back to each other."

"Yeah but this is different..Well at least I think it is."

"You'll get her back. We all will."

"I think about her everyday. She always seems to creep back into my mind whenever I push her away. She's like a drug. I'm addicted to Ava. No matter how hard I try, I can't forget about her."

××××××××××××××××××

Yeah I know very short.... Sorry about that. I've been caught up in a lot of other stuff lately. I'm also gonna be updating a little bit more for my other book 'A Sell-Out's Heart.

Stay weird.

Xoxo,
JADE