Chapter 46: Me and My Broken Heart

Ava's POV

I stood in the room, still staring at the ring.

Was he really going to propose?

"You know, you would have been an amazing bride."

I whipped my head around and Aj stood there with a saddened look.

Oh shit. I forgot about her. I miscounted. Dammit.

I stared at the ring then back at her.

"You knew that he was going to propose, didn't you?" I questioned.

Aj nodded in response. "Mom, Dad, and Vivianna knew. Not just me."

"When? How? I'm so confused." I said.

Aj sighed. "Remember that day Mom, Vivi, Isa, you, and I went to that Bridal Shop?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I remember."

"Where was Dean going?"

"He said he was going out with the guys and Punk to get stuff for the wedding." I responded.

"Yeah, he lied. Yes, Dean was out with Punk, but not to get stuff for the wedding." Aj explained.

"Then where were they going?"

"Dean needed help to choose an engagement ring. For you. That's why he asked you about marriage." Aj said crossing her arms.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I said raising my voice.

"And what? Ruin the surprise?" She said raising an eyebrow.

"You could've warned me. Or give me hints!" I said throwing my arms up.

"I have!" Aj shot.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

"Ava, the only person you should be blaming is yourself."

I looked up and gave her a look. "Blame myself? It's your fault, Aj. You could've warned me!"

"It's not my fault, Ava. You should've thought about Dean. You should've put him first instead of thinking of yourself. The blood is on your hands." Aj said.

I looked at her then back at the ring. I shook my head then stormed out of the room.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Aj yelled following me.

"Where do you think?" I said not turning around. "I'm going to talk to Dean."

"Ava you can't." Aj said catching up to me.

"And why not?" I questioned quickening my pace.

There was a short pause of silence.

"You can't just go up to him,out of the blue and talk to him about the ring." Aj said hesitantly.

She hesitated. Something's up.

"Well, maybe I wouldn't be doing this if you had told me in the first place."

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have betrayed us. And maybe you would have been engaged to the man of your dreams now, instead of chasing after him."

I turned around sending a glare to my sister. "I already told you! I did this for you guys! I did this to stop the torture. I can't see you guys get hammered every week."

"We still would have gotten through it!" Aj yelled, "We are a team, Ava. We do things together. You should have came to us before doing your own thing. I get it. You wanted to help us, but that doesn't change the fact that you betrayed us. You sold out to The Authority! And for what? More TV time? Another Championship reign? Well guess what. I'm still champion Ava. And there is no way in hell that you'll be getting this now."