Chapter 33: Strike 1

Ava's POV

I was walking down the ramp with Dean right by my side on Monday Night RAW. Stephanie had called me out, saying that she wanted to talk.

"Ah, Ava. You finally found the gut to step in the ring with me." Stephanie commented.

I looked at her blankly and raised the mic to my lips. "Just get to the point already."

Stephanie sighed.  "You've impressed us, Ava. I gotta hand it to you. You really did blow our minds away. The minute that you got called up, I wasn't so sure about you. I mean, you are Aj Lee's sister. I thought that having another Lee wasn't best for business."

Stephanie continued. "But once you stepped into this ring, you looked like you belonged there. It was like you were born to be in the ring.  You looked like a true diva. A real Diva's Champion. And you were exactly that. You were a Champion, Ava. Now, look what happened. Ever simce you lost your memory, you've grown soft. You've grown weak. Every day, by the minute, you loose all your skills. But I could fix that. We could fix that. The Authority could fix that."

"What the hell are you trying to say, Steph?" I asked irritatingly.

Stephanie took a deep breath. "Come and join The Authority, Ava. Join us. You could take back that Diva's Title. Hell, we'll even bring back the Women's Championship back too. You can have everything you have ever wanted, Ava, right at your fingertips. You can have all of this, if you join us."

I thought long a hard about it. Should I? Should I not? I can have everything that I have ever wanted? I looked at Dean and he wad staring intently at Stephanie. Not everything...

"No." I replied with confidence.

"Pardon me?" Stephanie said eyes wide.

"I said no. I will not join you and The Authority.  I won't join you tomorrow, the next day, the next day after that, and all the days that follow. If you even think for a second that I'm gonna trade in my Chuck Taylors, my pride, and my dignity for some cheap high heels, a Diva's Championship opportunity,  or a Women's Championship opportunity, you better think again. And I mean you should just keep thinking again, and again, and again because you know what? I will NEVER join you. Ever. And you can believe that." I dropped the mic as the crowd cheered me on.

"Ava," Stephanie started. "I didn't want it to end like this, but you forced my hand."

All of a sudden Dean was being tackled down the ground.

"Dean!" I yelled. I tried to rush to his aid but my feet wouldn't let me. It was like I was permanently glued to the canvas.

Orton, Kane, and Big Show were all ganging up on Dean, beating him up to a pulp, throwing him around like a ragdoll, and hitting him with anything they could get their hands on.

"Stop! Leave him alone!" I shouted but it didn't help. All I could do is stand there and watch in horror.

Big Show had hit him with a KO punch and now Randy was setting up for an RKO. I looked away, not wanted to watch any of this. Eventually I looked back and gasped.  Kane had Dean in a tombstone position and was about to smash Dean's head on the steel steps.

"No! Stop!" I exclaimed.  But it was too late. Dean layed lifeless on the mat. All of a sudden I could move. I rushed out of the ring and knelt down next to Dean.

"Dean? Dean, please wake up. Wake up." I sobbed.

Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.

"Wake up! Ava, wake up!"