Chapter 53:: Mind Games

Randy's POV

"Stephanie, we need to end this. I can't do this anymore!" Reby shouted.

"Reby, I understand what you're coming from, but you need to be patient. " Stephanie said calmingly.

She threw her arms up in frustration."I can't keep pretending to be her friend. You have no idea how hard this is!"

Yep, that's right. She was never Ava's 'friend'. But Ava seems pretty nice.... Snap out if it Randall! She's your enemy.

"The plan was to get Ava to join the Authority. That's done. Now what?" I spat.

"She's already pissed off at us. It won't be much of a surprise if she finds out." Reby said crossing her arms.

"You two need to gain her trust back. If you guys can do that, the plan will work out just fine." Steph stated pointing at me and Reby.

"Why us? Why not you and Hunter?" I glared. Reby nodded her head in agreement.

"I don't think she trusts us at the moment. Any of us." She spoke looking around.

"Dean's getting closer to Ava. Doesn't that bother you?" Stephanie asked looking directly at me.

"Why are you looking at me?" I frowned.

Stephanie rolled her eyes. "Give it up already, Orton! It's obvious that you have a thing for Ava."

My eyes popped out."What the hell are you talking about?!"

"You are currently getting close to her Randy. On Monday, when she found out that the Championship match wasn't for her, you immediately came right over to comfort her." Triple H stated.

"That doesn't mean anything. Besides, she wasn't too fond about me comforting her." I muttered.

"Wait. Hold on." Reby all of a sudden spoke up. All eyes were now on her.

"We could really just use Randy for this. He's the only one who Ava isn't too mad at as of now." She finished.

I groaned. "Why me? Why does it always have to be me? And how do you even know that? For all we know, she might hate me the most."

"It's called instinct. Look it up." She said dramatically. I rolled my eyes and was about to talk back but Hunter interrupted me.

"Reby has a point, Randall." Triple H agreed. "I've noticed that Ava has a soft spot for you. She doesn't always look like she wants to kill you."

"Like when she looks at me." Reby added.

I sighed. "What do you want me to do then? Be her best friend? Take her out on a date? Be her boyfriend only to break her heart?"

"I don't think we can earn Ava's trust anymore." Stephanie said pointing to Reby , Hunter, and herself. "But with you, Randy. I think there's still a little bit of more hope."

"Now since you brought up the boyfriend issue, I think that's a terrific idea." Hunter said pleasingly.

"I was being sarcastic! I didn't mean anything I said!" I said raising my voice.

"Come on Randy." Stephanie said with a hint of desperate in her tone.

I wasn't too sure about this. Ava is pretty innocent. I don't think she deserves any of this.

"Come on, Orton." Reby said. "You want to get rid of her too. So, just hang on for a few more days or weeks and it will be all over."

What if I don't want to get rid of her?.....