Chapter 5• Kyles and I love you's

Previously on 'Waitin' For you'

"I'll be right back." I said "walking out of the room and into the hallway. I took the elevator down to the lobby and went outside. I took my phone and dialed a number. No one answered.

"Hello, Ava." I turned around to see the person that I haven't for 4 years.

"Kyle."

*Present*

"Hello, Ava. It's great to see you again." He said smirking and pulling me in for a hug. I pushed him away.

"What? Why aren't you happy to see me?" He asked sarcastically.

"What are you doing here Kyle?" I said ignoring his question.

"What? Is it a crime that I can't visit my girlfriend anymore?" He stated.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not your girlfriend anymore." I said getting annoyed.

"Oh come on, Ava. You're still not over that?" Kyle asked.

"Yes, I'm still not over that! You knew how much I loved you, and yet you still go and fuck another woman!" I yelled.

"Exactly, see you still love me." He said putting his hands on my waist.

"Get your hands off of me!" I said trying to squirm out of his grip. But of course, since I am much smaller than he is, it was useless. So, I slapped him right across the face. He let go of me and looked at me furiously. I started panicking. Then he backhanded hard across my face. I held my cheek in pain.

"HEY!" A voice said. I turned around and Dean was face to face with Kyle. They started going at it. I stood up.

"Guys stop!" I yelled. They didn't listen to me.

"Dean! Stop! Dean,stop please!" I begged. He looked up at me and got off of Kyle.

"Don't you ever lay your filthy hands on her ever again." He spat.

"Are you ok?" He asked me when we got back inside the hotel.

"I'm fine." I said trying no to bring up the bruise that was starting to form on my cheek. Once I said that, he didn't look convinced. Dean turned my head to the side. He gasped as he saw my bruise.

"Does it look bad?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's all red, purple, blue, black, and other shit." He said. I sighed heavily.

"Can we go back to the hotel room?" I asked. He nodded and we made our way to our room.

We entered and Seth and Roman stopped whatever they were doing and looked at us. They gasped when they looked at me.

"What the hell happened to you cheek?" Roman asked as he and Seth crowded me.

"I got backhanded by someone." I said quietly. They turned their attention to Dean.

"It wasn't me!" Dean defended.

"Was it?" Seth asked me.

"No! No, of course not! It was my ex-boyfriend." I explained.

"Are you ok?" Roman asked me handing me an ice pack.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It just aches so much." I mumbled. Then there was loud banging on the door.

"DEAN! OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!" Aj yelled. Dean opened the door and Aj stood there looking furious. The she slapped him right across the face.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR HITTING MY SISTER! I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HER!" Aj screamed. She turned her attention towards me.

"And you! Look at you! You have a fucking bruise on your face! I warned you about him, but being your stubborn little self, you didn't listen!" She yelled.

"DEAN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS! HE DIDN'T HIT ME! WHY CAN'T YOU SEE HIM THE WAY I DO?!" I yelled back at her. I've had it with Aj's rants. She's always jumping to conclusions.

"I've had it with you, Aj! Why can't you just accept the fact that I'm happy with Dean? He makes me smile when I'm stressed, and he knows me better than you do. You never gave a damn about me! Ever since that Phil came along, you've changed. What happened to the Aj that is always happy and bubbly? What happened to the Aj that was always there for me? What happened to the Aj that accepted my decisions? What happened to the Aj that I loved to pieces? We've always spent every single second of the day together for years, but now that Phil's in your life, it's like I don't even exist!" I said. I was in tears now. She stared at me.

"What happened to me?" She said coldly. "What happened to you? Ever since Dean came along, you've been an entirely different person! You would always listen to me and take my advice. I didn't change, Ava. You're the one who's changed. All because of him." She said pointing to Dean.

"That's it. Ava, if you don't shape up, I'm gonna have to convince Vince, Hunter, and Steph to move you back to NXT. I'll do what it takes to keep you away from Dean." She said.

"You can't do that!" Seth, Roman, Dean, and I all yelled at once.

"I've worked too hard to go back down there!" I yelled.

"If you don't stay away from Dean, then I can and will move you back there." Aj said sternly walking towards the door.

"You can't do that, Aj! I love Dean!" I yelled. She froze and turned around.

"You what?" She asked me.

"I love Dean." I said with more confidence. "You can't keep me away from him."

She looked at me then at Dean. "We'll talk about this later." Aj said quietly then walked out slamming the door behind her.