Chapter 37: Without You

Ava's POV

"Yes, mom. I'm fine. It's just a little headache." I assured. My mom called me the next morning to check up on me.

"Are you sure? You're head looked pretty bad." Mom replied.

"Yes. Mom, this is the 100th time I've said it. I'm perfectly fine. Stuff like this will come by throughout my whole career." I said.

"Ok," Mom said sighing. "Just call me if you need any thing."

"Okay mom. Love you."

"Love you too, Ava. Bye." I hung up and set my phone down on the table beside my bed. There was a soft knock at the door. I looked up and Dean stood at the doorway with a plate of food.

"Hungry?" He asked with a smile. I chuckled and patted the space next to me.

"You didn't have to do this for me." I said scooting over.

"Well, I wanted to." Dean said giving me the plate. "Plus, you're hurt."

"You're acting like my mom." I said eating a strip of bacon.

"What's wrong with that? You know I care about you." He said with a chuckle.

"I know you do. I don't know, I just feel weak when people have to take care of me." I said honestly.

"There's nothing wrong with being taken care of. I just want you to get better so you can kick ass in the ring, like you always do." Dean said.

I smiled. "Thanks. Want some?" I gestured to my food.

"Nah, I already ate." He replied.

"Suit yourself." I shrugged and dug in.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Later

We were at a live event tonight, but because of my injury, I wasn't scheduled to compete. Leighla and I were watching a mixed tag match. The Shield, Aj, and Isabella were going up against Reby, Nikki, Orton, Kane, and Big Show.

I guess Reby found another friend. This makes my life much easier. Hint the sarcasm..

"How ya feeling Ava?" Leighla asked as we sat at catering.

"Okay, I guess. The headache's still there though. But I'll live. It's not that bad." I replied.

"So did anything come up with you and Dean? You know, did he drop any hints that he's gonna propose?" Leighla asked excitedly.

"You're really into this aren't you?" I said with a laugh.

"Yes! Of course I am! I can't wait for the wedding!" She exclaimed.

"Geez, Leigh. You don't even know if Dean's even gonna propose to me. Let alone having a wedding." I pointed out.

"But still! You guys are so cute. I can't  imagine you guys not dating. I can't even imagine if you two never met." Leighla said smiling.

"Well, I am glad that we met because if we didn't, I don't know what is be doing right now." I said.

"Imagine if you didn't go down that hall and you didn't bump into Dean." Leighla commented.

I looked around and noticed something.  This is the same exact arena that I first met Dean, by bumping into him. Wow, what a coincidence!

"Hey, I just noticed something." I said.

"And what did you notice?"

"This is the same exact arena where I first met Dean. Well, bump into him."

"Really? This arena?" Leighla asked surprised.

"Yeah." I said standing up. I just started walking, trying to find the spot where I first bumped into Dean.

"Whatcha doin' now?" Leighla asked following me.

"I'm looking for the exact spot where I bumped into Dean. I know it was near the Diva's Locker room and catering..Oh and it was near the curtain." I replied looking for familiar spots

"Ava, this is a big arena. You might not find the exact  where you bumped into him." Leighla pointed out.

"It's worth a shot." I mumbled.

I continued walking. I looked for familiar crates, posters, tables, anything! I don't even know why I was doing this to be honest. I guess I just wanted to relive the great memories I had.

"Ok, I give up. Let--"

I jerked backwards as I fell to the ground. I looked up and Dean was staring down at me with a smile.

"Now what are you doing on the floor?" He asked sticking out his hand. I grabbed it and dusted myself off.

"She was trying to find the exact same spot where you two bumped into eachother on her debut." Leighla spoke before me.

"Wait, this is the arena where we bumped into each other?" Dean asked.

I nodded. "Yep. I remember it like the back of my hand."

"I'll leave you two alone. It seems like you guys are having a moment." Leighla said and walked away, giving me a quick wink.

I looked around and saw the familiar poster that I was admiring on my debut. It was the picture of Trish Stratus holding the Women's Championship.

Flashback

"You go get dressed. I'll meet you at catering." Aj said walking away.

I admired the posters that were hung on the walls. The one that caught my eye the most was a picture of Trish Stratus and Lita, side by side. Even though they were frenemies they were still best friends. 

I saw another picture of Trish holding the WWE Women's Championship.

I smiled. That will be me one day. I thought.

End of Flashback

"Recognize the poster?" Dean asked slinging his arm around my shoulders.

I nodded, smiling.  "Yep. It feels like it was just yesterday that I walked through those doors, ready to make my debut. Ready to have the greatest night of my life. Little did I know that I would be meeting that one person who would changing my entire life forever."

I looked up at Dean and he looked at me.

"You've come a long way Ava." He said still looking at me.

Dean continued. "You've accomplished so much once you got here. You deserve every single moment that happened ever since your debut. I mean look at you. You're a former Diva's Champion. 2 time Diva's Champion, may I add. You've had many battles against Reby and even your sister. You and me, including Seth and Roman, we have faced the Wyatts and now The Authority. You're kicking corporate ass left and right. And I couldn't be more prouder of you."

"Thanks Dean. But I couldn't have accomplished any of that without you and the others. If I didn't bump into you right here, right where we are standing, I don't think I could've done all the things that I've done these past 2 years or so. I don't know what I would do without you. And honestly, I don't wanna know. And that doesn't matter to me. What matters, is that I have Aj, Seth, Roman, Isa, Leighla, and you. You're all gonna be here right by my side. I wouldn't be here now if it weren't for you guys. Bumping into you was the best thing that I have ever experienced. And I will never regret that. I will look back to that day forever."

Everything I said was true. I really wouldn't be here without them. Any of them. Every single one of them was important to me. Without Dean, without Aj, without Isa and Leighla, without Seth and Roman,  I don't know where I would stand today.