| THIRTY |

chapter thirty
not edited

Zayn didn't want to give up, he refused to show any weakness towards his omega or any of his alpha mates. But he had an exception this time, with two of his husbands injured, one that might actually die, it's very hard to keep a smile on his face.

He had cried for only a couple minutes before he pulled away from Niall, the omega with tears in his own eyes, Zayn cursed himself at the scared look Niall gave him, obviously sensing his alpha worries. "It's okay, everything will be okay." Zayn croaked out, bringing his hand up to caress the side of Niall's face, the blonde closing his eyes and leaning into the touch. Harry was laying next to Liam, hand rested on the injured alpha's chest, other hand carding through his short-cut locks.

"Let's just have a rest, your father will be up in a little bit to give us an update." He assured, Niall looked skeptical at his words but followed him to the bed anyways, them both laying down beside Harry who gladly shuffled around to have them join.

-x-x-x-

It felt like eternity, none of them able to fall asleep after they heard muffled screams coming from the prison below, that sounded like obvious pain. But a knock came at the door, Harry jumping off the bed and rushing towards the door and flinging it open.

Zayn saw how Harry's back muscles tensed under his shirt, how his shoulders deflated almost like he was falling into submission. Zayn furrowed his brows, straining his neck to see who was making such a strong alpha like Harry melt in such ways.

And then Harry finally moved away, stepping back and away from the doorway, motioning for the person to walk in, a confused and scared glint in his green eyes as they followed the persons movements.

And now Zayn understands why his husband was acting in such a way, one of the many cherished elders walking into the room, dressed in very old, traditional clothing, wolfs teeth around her neck, red eyes baring into his as she scanned the room. And if Harry had been submissive, Niall had gone off the walls, having to hide behind Zayn as he stood up politely to greet her. Niall's whimpers were muffled by Zayn's shirt that was stuffed into the omega's mouth.

"Don't stress young ones, I'm not expecting to be praised at this time." She said, motioning for Harry, Zayn and Niall to sit back down. Thank god she was the nice kind.

Zayn gulped and shifted uncomfortably on the bed, a hand stretched out behind him protectively around Niall, trying to comfort the stressed blonde. The elder could obviously feel how badly Niall was stressing and trying so hard not to drop to his knees and fully submit to her power because she sat down on one of the chairs, letting her eyes fade back to a light brown, a soft smile crawling onto her shriveled face.

"Your husband, Mister Tomlinson am I correct?" She asked, Zayn immediately nodded. She gave him a tight smile and nodded, then lacing her hands together, setting them on her lap. "That arrow didn't damage anything, thank god, but the Wolfsbane did some powerful damage, he was completely ballistic once me and my fellow elders had returned, the infection was already seeping from his pores by then, let alone every exit to his body. But we had made the remedy beforehand, gave him it but with troubles since the poor thing was beginning to throw up, screaming that he wanted to kill the omega." She said and flickered her gaze upwards to lock with Zayn's, and Zayn knew that look, the 'that's a bad sign' look.

Zayn felt Niall gasp and lean further into his body, shivers crawling up Niall's body, hands shaking violently as they pulled at his shirt. "But as soon as the remedy was in his system he had passed out, and now we must wait to and see what happens next, it could be a few hours wait, or a days, we don't know." She informed and Zayn nodded, looking over to see Harry nodding along with him, Liam just straining to see with his body in a laying position.