| FIVE |

chapter five
edited

Harry shuffled through his clothes, throwing Cotten shirts and random sweaters into his bag. Him, along with the other alpha's, lived along the edge of the forest, by the training centre. A sense of protection for the village, so if an intruder decided to come in, the head alpha's knew first thing.

It was stressful, to say the least. Not living at the edge of the forest, but finding a mate. It wouldn't be hard, a strong alpha like him would easily get an omega, and he's been told he's pretty good looking. But he didn't look for just the outside of an omega, he was a cheesy man that wanted a good personality.

And Niall, that blond Prince had more of a personality, then he thought.

He thought Niall would be a snotty royal, someone who was too spoiled to realize reality anymore. Only want, want, want. But something about those shy blue eyes that twinkled in the sun made him change his mind.

He shook off his many thoughts just enough so it was at the back of his mind as he tied up his bag and slung it over his shoulder, walking out of his room and down the hallway. His house-as cliche as it was for a werewolf-was a log cabin, something small since he didn't really stay inside a lot. But big enough for the luxury of being one of the head alpha's in the pack.

Zayn was sitting on the couch in his living room. His own bag settled beside him as he waited patiently. The alpha looked equally as stressed as Harry.

"Carriage or car?" He asked as he settled himself beside the alpha, Liam and Louis would be picked up first, the two closer to the village.

"I think it's a carriage, you know the king, he likes to keep it medieval." Harry chuckled and nodded in agreement. The Horan family kept things repetitive. Didn't really like change, they kept the carriages and horses even though cars were out in the new world, still had the ceremonies for weddings or birthdays, and, like many people know already, always had girls born.

Harry remembered his parents talking about that when he was around ten or eleven. They said they were both shocked, not only them really, the whole village, the whole supernatural colonies that lived amongst the forest, or either miles away from them were equal in shock.

His mother said she was worried they'd kill the baby, and the biggest surprise of all, was when the king walked out onto that balcony and showed off his son like the daughter he would never have.

And now that he realizes, he's happy they didn't do anything to Niall, because he wouldn't be here today, and might actually become apart of the royal family, a legend. And maybe even alongside his alpha friends, Zayn, Liam and Louis.

And now, there was another thing stuck in his mind. It was never heard before, falling in love with an alpha if you already were one. It was like being gay in the 1800's, no one knew of such a thing, no one really payed attention because they thought it wasn't possible.

He hoped, really hoped, that maybe they could break this silly rumour. But something nagging at him was repeating no to him, that it was going to be impossible, and in the end, he was going to be disappointed.

"For Niall, for my future." Harry said to himself in his mind, smiling slightly and nodding to himself.

Zayn got up, walking towards the large bay window that looked over the training area. A small road was surrounding it, probably where the carriage was going to be on. He watched with his arms crossed over his chest, he seemed to be thinking also.

He suddenly turned towards him, walking over to his bag and slinging it over his shoulder.

"They're here." He avoided Harry's gaze as he walked down the hallway, stopping at the doors with his back towards him.

Harry grabbed his own duffle bag and walked towards the front entrance, standing beside the other alpha and staring awkwardly down at the knob. He didn't really know what to say, the two were walking out of his home so get could come back in love.

"Do you think we'll be able to love each other?" Zayn asks suddenly, he grabbed the knob, limply holding it in his grasp as he looked up at Harry, his expression worried.

Harry didn't know what to say, he couldn't tell the future. But, he could tell Zayn what he was really feeling, maybe that could settle both of them.

"I hope so, I mean, you're a good friend to me but for Niall, I would do anything to win his heart and if falling in love with my three best mates is how I'm going to get it, damn well I will try"

Zayn chuckled and nodded, turning the knob finally and opening the door. Liam and Louis both waiting outside the carriage, talking to each other. They both whipped their heads towards the door when it opened, small smiles appearing on their faces.

The two walked down the pathway and stopped in front of the two other alpha's.

"Thought we'd have to go in and grab ya' boys ourselves, you take forever in there!" Louis greeted cheekily, patting Harry on the back and then doing the same to Zayn.

Liam took their bags and settled them in the back of the carriage, the driver, who sat in front still, staring at the horses with a very bored expression on his face, looking over towards the four alpha's, a look coming over his face showing he really wanted to get going.

Harry got in first, then Zayn settling in across from him, Louis coming in to sit beside him, and Liam sitting beside Zayn. And as soon as they were comfortable, the carriage was off, the horses neighing and scrapping their hooves against the dirt as they rushed off towards their destination.

Harry, throughout the whole ride there, couldn't help but sink into his thoughts once again. Staring out the window, watching the forestry zoom by. He really did hope that the other three alpha's were as hopeful as he was, that maybe, just maybe, after they're done this small trip, they will come back sharing kisses. And giving Niall, the love he wants.