| FORTY |

chapter forty
not edited

The four alphas tried their hardest not to go over every creak and loose board in the flooring, claws out and eyes red in rage and a thirst for vampire blood as they moved throughout the house.

But soon enough, they could hear the sounds of people talking, muffled from a door separating them. Liam, who was leading the group, had stopped and held his hand out for his mates to do the same, now all of them with their ears pressed against the wall to listen-in on the conversation.

"He won't look at me, won't listen to me. It's becoming really fuking annoying." It was a mans voice, and the 'he' was probably Niall, they had all realized.

Maybe the man, was Watson. Or whatever name the girl named Grace had given them.

"I still don't understand why you had to fuking impregnate a mutt. And more specifically, the king of all mutts son." It was another man's voice, but it sounded more naive, more angry with the other man.

"Because I can easily change him into a vampire, don't you two ever use your heads?!" The man was yelling, and it was loud against the wall, making the four boys have to flinch back from where their ears were pressed against.

"That will only be after he gives birth, and we don't even know if his other babies are dead or alive inside him. We could be taking care of five children inside of him, not one." There was a woman's voice now, scratchy that sounded like she was older than all of them, more wise. But all of the boys felt their claws get longer and canines slowly form into their mouths at the conversation about if their pups were dead or alive.

Of course they were alive, no one will ever touch the four alphas pups.

"Then if there are five coming out of them, we kill all of them except mine." The man chuckled at his answer, and before Liam could knowingly hold any of his mates back from attacking out of rage, Louis was already charging through the door and wrestling the man to the floor, claws piercing the mans chest immediately.

They couldn't really fight Louis off the man, or tell him off at this moment. So, they went with his sudden actions and rushed into the room with him, grabbing for the people inside and pinning them down to the ground.

But the plan was a failure, because Louis was already flipped over onto the floor, the mans hands holding his wrists and the top of Louis' left claws were stained with blood.

"Ah, I see you wolves sniffed your little mate out already, huh?" The man growled out, eyes changing to a darker colour, almost black as he sneered down at Louis. Louis tried to struggle, letting out growls and snapping his teeth up at the man, but he was strangely useless against the man.

But it was starting to piece together, this was Watson, it had to be with how much dominance he showed against everyone. How his fangs poked out from his gums, not yet fully out but still intimidating the four of them.

Liam and Zayn had two of the men pinned down to the ground, the two guys were pretty useless against the wolves holds, which meant they obviously weren't vampires. And Harry had the old woman, him also easily keeping her on the ground. So maybe this Watson guy was the only vampire here, but how strange would that be.

The alphas thought they would be walking into a whole vampire cult, but it seems this was more like a supernatural party.

"Let go of my friends, or I won't hesitate to crush your mates neck into nothing." The man had suddenly said, still smiling devilishly down at Louis who was still trying but failing to get out of the hold on his wrists.

"Tell us where our omega is." Zayn growled out, more tightening his hold against the boys shoulders at the threat that the vampire was attempting to make upon them. But Louis started to choke when the vampire had whipped his hand off his wrist and grabbed at his throat.