| EIGHT |

chapter eight
edited

The balcony door is opened when Louis wakes up, cool morning air filling the room making the alpha shiver and burry himself more into the covers. But lightly yelped when he bumped against feet, looking beside him to see Harry snoring in his face. 

But then the shuffle of someone outside on the balcony made him perk up, he checked the bed, seeing only Liam and Harry were beside him. Zayn was no where to be seen.

Quietly and swiftly he shuffled off the bed, he heard them groan and burry themselves more into the mattress, Liam covering his head with a pillow. It made Louis happy to know that he didn't just think of them as beautiful when they were all pampered up, because right now, as he stared down at them from the foot of the bed, he thought they looked handsome with their hair all tangled up.

The shuffling was heard again, and it brought him back to why he was up so early in the morning. But it wasn't something rare for him, getting up early was almost a routine for a pack alpha, the other boys would know that also.

He grabbed at the door frame to hold his sleepy self up, squinting into the morning light as he moved onto the balcony, seeing Zayn leaning over the railing, staring up at the sky. He looked tired still, little bags under his eyes, hair knotted and lips in a droopy pout.

"Up so early?" Louis asked, his voice sounded scratchy and he cleared it with a cringe as he settled himself down on one of the chairs placed against the wall. He stared through the railing and down into the forest, the breeze tickling his forehead.

"We usually wake up at this time anyways, don't we?" Zayn sounded exhausted also, like every word was a strain.

"We usually wake up at this time, the time I just woke up at. You've been up for way longer then that mate." Louis cringed at how he used the word mate, that wasn't going to do anymore, Zayn was soon going to actually be his mate, not a friend.

"Just, couldn't sleep." He mumbled, moving his gaze from the sky to his hands folded against the railing. Louis had a feeling Zayn wasn't telling him something, but fighting for an answer wasn't going to help the situation, either.

"There's a storm coming in, I can feel it." Zayn said, changing the subject. Louis didn't put much thought into it, and instead went along with Zayn's conversation.

"From where?"

"East." Zayn nodded his head to the east of the forest, and he was right, dark grey clouds were overlapping the lighter grey sky. And it looked like rain was already falling over there.

"Morning run? Before the rain?" Louis suggested as he looked back to see Harry sitting up in bed, poking Liam in the cheek.

Zayn nodded, showing a face of stone as he walked back into the house, Louis following with a slight frown.

-

Everyday felt like the first time turning into their werewolf forms, it felt that good to just let go and run along the forest grounds, jump over roots, boulders and streams. No clothes to worry about, nobody around but he four of them.

Zayn was staying slightly behind, but watched in amusement as Harry and Louis fought, rolling around down the hill and into the stream making them both quickly pull apart and whine at the wetness that hung along the fur.

Liam came up to stand beside him, and he almost jumped at the sudden company.

"I feel better you know? I think this is actually working." Liam telepathically said through the minds of their wolf forms, Zayn huffed, sending a cloud of smoke from his nostrils. It was getting cold.

"It might work, yeah." Zayn said back simply, and then jumped off from the small hill they stood on and started on his run, Harry and Louis following behind him, Liam in the back, letting out a long howl.

-

It was like a switch went off, the worries Zayn had were blown right out the window as he ran along with the other alpha's. Louis had tackled him to the ground, and even though the alpha looked more of a beta in human-form, when he was a werewolf he was as big as a car. And Liam and Harry loved to nip at their feet and lightly pull at their tails, they had all found themselves in one big heap of fur, licking at each other's faces and bumping noses.

It was like they were mates for years, and it felt like they weren't alphas together, just lovers.

They didn't really even notice the small drops of rain falling lightly against the forest, but suddenly it was pouring, and they all pulled apart, yelping and howling, Louis and Harry shivering even more, getting soaked once again.

"Inside!" Liam shouted, it was like a circuit as all the boys heard it through their minds, them all following Liam as they rushed back up the forest and towards the house, drenched in rain water.

Liam was already back into his human-form when they got to the house, the boys following quickly behind and stumbling into the house, closing the door behind them.

And their they all stood, naked and soaked, shivering to their cores in the hallway of the cabin. Blushes painted their cheeks as they rushed to cover themselves. It was slightly amusing.

"Let's get some clothes on and I'll start the fire, yeah?" Harry chuckled out, quickly moving up the steps, the boys blushing even more seeing Harry's bare arse.