| THIRTY FOUR |

chapter thirty-four
not edited

Louis blinked his eyes opened, furrowing his brows at the darkness he was surrounded in. Was he dead? Was he kidnapped?

He tried to get up, but the sharp pain that was at the back of his head made him immediately slump back into bed. He moaned and shakily brought a hand up to rub at his temple.

Suddenly, the door to whatever room he was in, opened, relief taking over him once he saw one of the elders step in, her long gown and wolf-teeth necklace shining in the very little amount of light.

"You're awake alpha." She said, settling herself in a chair beside him, he just blinked towards her, his eyes still not really focused in the darkness.

"Your omega, he is in pain." She said, and he didn't understand at first, until he fished into his memory, remembering Niall, his in fact, mate.

"Shit." He swore, trying to get up again and letting out a whimper, but he managed to sit up, resting his back against the headboard in dizziness.

"Calm down, I have found one of the problems, but the other half, is still a mystery." Louis furrowed his brows in confusion, not understanding.

"There is another man in that omega's life, alpha. And definitely one that is not welcome." She had a soar look on her face, she stared at the door on the opposite wall.

Louis scrunched his face up in disgust also, anger boiling in his veins thinking of another men that wasn't him or his mated alpha's touching his omega. He wanted to rip their throat out with his teeth.

"I know what you're thinking, and I do not blame you alpha. We will find the man and put him in custody for rape, but we need to focus on getting your mate and babies back to health." Louis nodded in understanding, staring down at his shaky hands, trying to calm his anger.

"He has impregnated him, Louis. There is a fifth child evolving in that omegas stomach and it is growing too fast and is too strong, it will kill your mate and babies by next month." Louis was surprised she used his first name, but seeing her expression look so stern and worried, he knew this was a serious occasion, and she needed his full attention.

He didn't say anything back to her, just glared down at his hands that were slowly fisting into his lap. He was going to explode. He wanted her out before he lashed out on her.

"I spoke to your mates a few days ago, and I am here again for the surgery. We have a surgeon coming to take out the unwelcome child." She got up as she spoke, standing right in the sunlight that beamed from the barred window up high against the room.

Louis didn't really know how to react, waking up to all this news flooding into his mind. He barely remembered what happened before he blacked out, just the memory of getting shot with an arrow, and Zayn trying desperately to keep him sane.

"I know it's a lot to take in Louis, but stay strong for your mates. Keep your chin up, and I'll surely inform everyone that you are awake." She moved from the light and was just a shadow walking towards the door to whatever concrete jail he was in.

"Rest, alpha." She spoke before giving him a stiff nod and closing the door behind her.

-x-x-x-x-

Zayn couldn't get that man out of his mind now.

He would sometimes hear the mans deep wicked laugh. And he'd whip his head around, searching for where the sound came from, but he knew, it was in his head.

And now, it made him feel like he had to watch Niall's every move, the twitch of a finger, the blink of his eyes. But it seemed the blond barely even did those simple things, just laid in bed, eyes in a trance on the ceiling, arms laid limp along his sides.