| FORTY ONE |

chapter forty one
not edited 

There was a lot of different emotions mixed around the castle when they had returned. Some people were relieved, faces looking relaxed and small smiles growing upon their faces as they watched the five of them walk their way up the stairs of their home and into the large doors. But others looked terrified and extremely worried, staring wide-eyed at the blood that coated their skin and stepping back from them as if they'd hurt all five of the alphas and omega. 

Niall's father sadly wasn't the one of the people that were relieved. Once he got informed that they were in the kingdom, he was rushing as fast as he possibly could down the steps and hallways, his whole face paling and becoming a sheet of white once he got a good look at all of them. 

Niall put his hands out, detaching them from his belly for the first time since they made their way back to the castle. He wanted to tame his father before he'd become some screaming, blubbering mess. 

"I'm okay father, please before you start." The king didn't look like he was going to listen to Niall's pleads, his top lip curling into his mouth and brows furrowing tightly onto his forehead. It wasn't a pretty sight, it never was when his father was angry, and Niall stepped back with his head lowering so he didn't have to meet the intimidating stare. 

"What the hell happened? I-I need all the nurses and doctors here that are in this kingdom! My son and his mates need to be looked over immediately!" The king was yelling loudly, and the servants around him flinched harshly at his alpha voice that echoed throughout the foyer. Niall didn't like it at all, and moved his hands back onto his bump, soothing his babies inside him with his comforting touch. He jolted a little bit when he felt a hand on his lower back, large and a welcoming weight against him, he looked up to see Liam standing beside him, looking concerned and displeased with the kings yelling. 

"My king, we will explain everything to you. The only ones that need to be checked over are Niall and Harry. While they are getting that done we can head into the library and chat." Niall didn't like that idea, or at least part of it. He was perfectly fine, sure he fought those two b*tches back at that abandoned household, but there was no pain throughout his whole body. All he wanted was to help get the rest of that ugly group that kidnapped him dead or in jail. 

"Liam I am fine I promise you. I don't need anyone looking over me, all I want right now is to help in whatever way I can." He knew all his alphas were probably not going to agree with what he was saying, but he needed to at least attempt to get away from being treated like a fragile feline. 

"You may not feel or actually be hurt but I think me, Harry, Louis, Liam, Zayn, and definitely your father would feel at ease if we got the babies and you checked over just in case. When you're done you can come and find us, alright?" Nurses and doctors were already rushing into the foyer, looking hectic and stressed once they saw them all there. So it didn't give Niall much time to talk to Liam anymore when they were already hounding him and escorting him towards a room. Harry was with him though, being basically dragged by two beta doctors as they rushed him into the room first, then Niall followed. 

Niall could feel a mental pull at the back of his mind whenever the nurses touched and prodded at his belly. It made him frustrated, how whenever he felt the slightest brush against his babies a spark of anger and rage pulsed in his brain as if they were all going to hurt him and he needed to protect himself and his pups. 

It wasn't like that though, these people were the total opposite of cruel or life-threatening. They wanted to help him, get him better, make him feel welcome and back on his feet to go see his husbands and father and engage in the conversation that will effect his future. But then again, Daisy was someone who Niall thought was his sole protecter for most his life, he thought welcomed, loved, and more than safe with her in his presence. Obviously, he was wrong.