12 - The Return

Magsimula sa umpisa

Where has she been shot? How did she survive? Did Maddox actually see the bullet embed itself into her pale skin?

Who knows. But for now I'll focus on the good. She's home and she's staying.
And now it's time for me to step back, I can be a part of her new life I knew that now.
Taking a walk around the vacant streets around the club compound soothed my mind and forty minutes later I stepped back into the bar a new man.

Sighing I took my place at the secluded table that sat in the corner of the annoyingly loud room.
Immediately a prospect was in front of me placing down a very large crystal glass filled with our finest scotch.
Sinking into my chair I watched as Emily walked the room seeing to the needs of her club children with a huge grin on her face.

Erik entered the room with a patched up Maddox followed by his little sister with a downcast head. I noticed Lennox had changed into a large sweater and leather skinny jeans which she must have borrowed from one of the girls. She already looked better than when we found her, I thought to myself. Despite the prominent bruising, scars and unbalanced emotions she was doing okay and that's what mattered to me.

They soon joined my table, Erik, Lennox and Emily to my left and Maddox on my right. We eyed each other for a moment neither of us sure what to say. It was tense until he took hold of my clenched bloody fist and pulled me in for a quick bro hug.

And that was that. We both had an understanding of each others actions so no other words were needed. Everyone round the table seemed to sigh in relief as we made our peace.
"Oh my god !!" Emily screeched all of a sudden over the loud metal music. "You haven't even met everybody yet!" She said directed to Lennox, to which she just shook her head grinning at Emily's antics.
"Well not everyone is back from the last run yet, but give it an hour or so and this place will be stormed with beards, boobs and beer" she chucked to herself.
"Will Marlene and Wink be coming tonight baby?" Emily leaned over to Erik and asked with hope laced in her tone and a huge grin.
"Wink got back last night so maybe" Erik replies taking his wife's hand.
"You'll love Marlene Lennox, she doesn't take shot from no one but she cares for everyone like her own. And Wink is Erik's older brother, but they're practically twins in every way so you'll love him too" she explained while smiling like crazy, this woman really loved her family.

Again the latest prospects came over, refilled my now empty glass and took everyone's orders. Erik a Bourbon, Mad as beer, Emily a gin and tonic and then he came to Lennox and her confused expression.
Looking to Emily for help, she asked what she should drink finally deciding on a Diet Coke.
The prospect left and soon returned with our order, always serving the Prez and his lady first.

A couple hours had passed, Maddox had tried relentlessly to speak to Lennox but she kept quite insisting that they would speak later. Emily had soon made her way onto Erik's lap as she poured more and more expensive gin down her throat.
Soon the bar was crowded with our patched members, all sporting their cuts and club colours. Lennox seemed to take a liking to our club emblem of the Grim Reaper riding his skeleton, armour clad horse nestled between the bold lettering of our club name and charter.

I watched as Wink and Marlene walked confidently into the bar, instantly gaining the attention of Emily who once again squealed and jumped of Erik's lap, running for her brother in law.
She soon escorted them to our table, and they instantly recognised the fresh meat joining us.

"Lennox sweetheart, this is Alexander Wink Sanderson, Erik's older brother and his Ol' Lady Marlene" Emily introduced her to the extended family and I watched her tentatively stand looking as anxious as ever, reaching out to shake both their hands. The pair just looked at each other before charging towards the small blonde and engulfing her in a huge bear hug.

Lennox smiled and laughed as they hoisted her in the air, giving her a true Sanderson welcome into the club and more importantly the top table.
"Lennox aye, Thee Lennox?" Wink asked immediately answered with eager nods from Em and Prez.
"Well then it's an honour to have you here doll" he finished with a sigh and then kissed her on the cheek.

I wasn't the only one enamoured by the legend that was Maddox's missing sibling and it seemed word spreads fast around a bar of drunken bikers as soon everyone was lined up to meet little Lennox Lee.
"Hey darlin, the names Jackson Hague, but I go by Hammer" he finished with a wink as he took her hand and kissed her knuckles.
Everyone rolled their eyes at our club whores behaviour but Lennox just brushed it off with a laugh and introducing herself.
Next was a very energetic Blue headed Mack and Gage
"Oh my god I'm so happy to have another girl around here, I was starting to worry I'd grow a dick and start swearing like a sailor" a very drunken Mackenzie Muir joked while hugging Lennox making her let out a genuine laugh.
"And this is my man Liam Nash, but we call him Gage" she smiled and once again they shared a small hug and polite conversation.

The bar was really picking up now as more and more men came up to our table to see the enigmatic Lennox Lee in all her little glory.
I could tell Lennox was growing slightly uncomfortable with so much social interaction by the time Sike, Bones, Motley and Sledge had all introduced themselves so she excused herself.

I watched her walk over the the bar where Mack was standing greeting her softly. Then she leaned over slightly speaking the the prospect tender presumably ordering another Diet Coke.

But I couldn't have been more wrong as I watched the prospect pour her a small scotch and slide it across the bar.
I stared at the amber liquid as it slid effortlessly down her throat before she again engaged in enthusiastic conversation with Mackenzie.

"She's fitting right in isn't she?!" Maddox slurred watching her closely.
"Sure Mad. She knows this is her home"

It was now 2am, and the welcome party was still in full swing. I finally felt the scotch kicking in as I watched Lennox and Mack talk animatedly at the bar, Gage contributing when he could and even Thor seemed engrossed in the conversation.
I started to feel what I think was jealousy when Mack pulled Lennox to the makeshift dance floor along with the boys and I watched them having fun.

The hours began to slip away as the alcohol took over. Long had Erik taken Emily to bed and the crowds of people had subsequently grown. It was hard to see Lennox through the mass of leather clad bodies but I knew she was safe, despite the copious amounts of alcohol dancing through her system. I guess this was her initiation into club life.
Maddox had gone off with one of the Jockeys (club whores) long ago so now it was just me at the table.
The siblings still hadn't spoken, but I guess that conversation would be for another day. I just wanted the two of them to get along, and at this moment in time I was enjoying watching Lennox let lose and swing her hypnotic hips on the dance floor, even if she wasn't dancing with me.

She was happy and she was here. That's all that mattered.
In that moment I swore to her that I'd keep my promise of protecting her, but now from a distance.
I knew in my heart that I could never have fun with her like this, I couldn't dance with her or gossip with her like Mack. And I certainly couldn't give her the sense of family and security she craved like Thor and Emily seemed to provide.

No, I wouldn't let my stupid mind hurt this girl. Not this time.

She'd be safe, as long as I kept away.

Bit of a long chapter today hope you guys don't mind mama was on a rolllll

Keep commenting and voting people and make me a happy woman ;)

What will happen when Maddox and Lennox finally talk?
Will Lennox spill any drunken secrets?
How does she feel about her new family?

What is in store for Chaos and Lennox?

Stay Tuned..