07 - The Fall

07 Lennox Lee

Falling ...
That's all I knew.
This was it.

The thing is so desperately wanted only moments ago had come to take me away.
I tried to remind myself in that moment that this was what I had planned.

But everything changed when I saw my brother and the man with the icy hair.

It's true what they say. That your life and your memories flash right before your eyes in the very moments before your death.
Either that or my mind was conjuring ways to distract me from the miserable demise I was about to meet.

For this is the type of world we live in. It's cruel and it dark.
It gives only to take away.
For they gave me back my brother. But took me from him.

Chaos Callahan

It all happened so quickly

My brain couldn't even process it, but in an instant my hands were grasping onto her shoulders and she hung over the edge, slowly being suffocated by her chains.

Maddox held onto her for dead life as she screamed and cried, attempting to catch her breath. In desperate need for oxygen.

We pulled her back over and she instantly sunk to the ground, trembling in fear.

"Someone get me a knife" I yelled to my brothers each terrified by the recent events. Maddox held his sister in his arms, his chest to her back, his strong arms wrapped around her while she struggled to breath, and struggle to come to terms with what had just happened.

Thor rushed to me with his smallest and sharpest blade, his face etched with worry for Lennox.

I took hold of the knife and brought it to her small delicate wrists, within seconds she had flinched and tried to get out of both my reach and her brothers strong hold.

"It's okay Lennox" Maddox whispered calmly, "Chaos is going to help, you can trust him" he looked into my eyes and nodded as Lennox relaxed again into his embrace holding out her hands.

I took hold of her small fingers and carefully began sawing away at the leather bounds which tied her to her past. Once they were removed we could see the extent of her pain, thick red scars surrounded her wrists entirely, raw and swollen. Even she was surprised at the sigh.

How long have they been there? I thought to myself as I watched her trace the marks, flinching at the pain.

Next was her throat. As carefully as possible I moved her hair behind her shoulders and using my thumb raised her chin so she was looking directly into my eyes.

She nodded, and I proceeded to cut the leather that almost suffocated her, in effect truly freeing her from the past... from the person who gave her the restraints.

Once it was removed it was almost as if she could breathe for the first time, inhaling large mouthfuls of air as she completely relaxed into Maddox's embrace.

"Thank You" she delicately whispered as her eyes began to tear up. For the first time in a while, my hear ached. I wanted to please her and protect her in anyway possible, I wanted to make her feel safe.

Slowly, Maddox stood up taking Lennox with him as she desperately grasped onto his arm for support.

The bothers moved out of there way as I handed Thor back his Knife. His attention however was elsewhere, fixated on Lennox, watching her trembling form as Maddox ushered her towards the truck, where Emily and Erik stood.

I grasped Thor on the shoulder pulling him out of his trance. His face still riddled with shock.

"Thank You Brother" I spoke calmly, trying to contain the beast raging inside, pacing in the back of my mind, desperate to find the person who harmed my best friends sister.

Thor looked to me and nodded, pulling me into a quick hug before retreating with Tyler in tow back to the car.

Looking again towards Emily's pick up, I watched as she took Lennox's hand in hers as a small act of comfort. Instantly she was in Emily's arms sobbing onto her shoulder.

That is what broke me.

Who would think, the emotionless brute, the hit man, the veteran would feel so strongly for this girl.

I knew in that moment I never wanted to see her hurt again.

•••

Arriving back to the club house, everyone was exhausted, especially Lennox.

Jumping out of the pickup I watched as Maddox carried his sister into the bar.

"You doing okay kid?" Erik asked me before I entered the house.
"Yeah.. I think so" I answered honestly, completely unsure of the emotions stiring within the pit of my stomach.

I tried to suppress the beast, he wanted to play but my priority right now was the bundle of worry clutched in Maddox's arms.

Taking a breath, I entered the bar. Emily was franticly trying to clean while Maddox sat his sister down and offered her a bottle of water before asking a prospect to make some food.

Lennox eyed the bottle cautiously before breaking the seal and taking generous gulps of the cold water.
Maddox watched his little sister with a sense of adoration and pride. He finally had her back.

Finally a smile graced his face as he took her back into his embrace.
They both looked at peace. Like nothing else even mattered. Not Emily scurrying round cleaning, or the prospects making food, or all the other drunk bastards shuffling round. All that mattered was eachother.

"I love you Nox" Maddox whispered to his sister as her head rested against his shoulder.
"I've missed you more than you could ever know"

And despite everything I couldn't help but be envious.

Hello to all my wonderful readers!
It's been a while and I have to apologise for that.

Life has been crazy and I had to focus on starting university but I will hopefully be back with more regular updates !

Thank you for sticking around.

Will Lennox be able to cope living with the club?

Will Chaos be able to control his inner demons?

How will things change when the boys learn the truth?

Stay tuned 😉