Twelve Days (Part 3)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

~Maine ~
Maine finally finished another photoshoot for a mommy magazine on Wednesday afternoon and headed out to her mommy yoga class. She found another note from RJ in her gym bag, wondering how she had missed it the previous week. 'You can get physical with me any time, especially with no clothes on!' She laughed and remembered sunday night. Oh how she misses her husband!

When they got married and combined their businesses, they decided to have one head office as a one stop shop for all. So they bought an office suite in the heart of BGC and made it as their headquarters of all the Mcdonald's, Concha's, Italianni's, and Maine's restaurants and Shell gas stations that they owned together. On Thursday, when she headed to their head office to work on site, there was another envelope on her desk. On the front, RJ had written her name. She smiled as she saw the heart over the sealed flap. Inside the heart, RJ had written 'I love you' She smiled. She opened the flap to see a card inside. She peeked before pulling it out at her desk just in case there was adult content.

The card had a picture of their family printed on the front. Inside, RJ had written in his distinctive scrawl, 'two more days and I will be back in your arms. I know you are enjoying your little piece of me!' She smiled at the memory of Sunday night. No, she hasn't used it again and wouldn't be using it though without her husband.

She put the card in her purse and started checking on her paperworks for the day. The time seemed to fly past and by the time Maine got home it's already 8pm. Just in time to feed and have cuddle time with Aycee and the boys and put them all to sleep. She was glad that she has nothing on her calendar for Friday. She made an appointment earlier today at the Belo clinic for a full facial and body treatment. Then on to have her nails done. She knows what would drive her husband crazy. Clue: french tips. RJ's flight was due at 7:45 on Saturday evening.

~Friday~
Last day of the shoot was a half-day and final debriefing for all the cast and crew. It was bittersweet. He had found new friends in those two weeks. After the debriefings, the whole group headed to lunch for their final meal befor preparing to head home late tonight for some of them, RJ and his gang included.

RJ had packed his bags with the help of kuya Leysam and Mama Ten. His wife had spoiled him in a way that she always shops and packs his bags for him whenever he goes out of town. He just couldn't figure out how to fit the rest of luggage in, so he just decided to buy an entirely new set of luggages to fit all his pasalubongs in. He knew he's gonna get an earful when Maine sees them but what the heck, he has kids, they would always need extra luggages.

Back at the hotel, he had one last quick facetime with his wife, quick because their Aycee has become fussy that night and wouldn't let go of mommy. Maine says she felt another bump in her gums. Teething. He hopes she wouldn't run any fever like the last time. He hates it when the kids are sick, especially if he wasn't there.

He packed his laptop and tablet in his carry-on bag and slipped his cell phone in his jacket pocket. He put his wallet in the inside chest pocket and grabbed the handle of his suitcase. Time to check out. His flight from Switzerland to Hongkong via Swiss Air was scheduled to depart at 10:40pm swiss time that night. He would have a one hour and ten minutes layover in Hongkong and then be on his way to Manila via Cathay Pacific.

Once he had checked in at the airport and passed through security, he turned his phone on. At the gate, he sent an imessage to Meng, 'At the airport, flight leaves for HK at 10:40pm swiss time.' She replied about two minutes later, 'I will be counting the minutes.'

The flight to Hongkong for the layover arrived early, and they headed to their gate to wait. He sent another imessage to his wife, 'in HK now; flight to Manila at 5:40; should be there about 8pm manila time.' He went to find something to eat on the VIP concourse and people watch. He ordered a burger and soda at a fast food place, and sat at one of the tables near the walkway. He had just finished his burger, and was watching a family with two small children as they headed to their gate. The family reminded him of the time they returned from the States with Maine, Thirdy and Theo and little Aycee still in her mommy's tummy. They stayed for a year in the US so he could pursue his directorial course at NYU. His wife had up and put a stop on everything including her career to be with him in the States and fully support him as he chases his dream. RJ picked up his phone and typed another imessage to Maine, 'you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.' He smiled as he sent the message. Then he typed a second message, 'saw a young family here in HK airport and it sent me back to our time in the States and return to Manila. All of our memories together just make our connection stronger, even the sad memories. I love you so much.'