Chapter 21

Hey everyone. Sorry it's been awhile since I have updated, but here is chapter 21! And I definitely plan on updating more regularly. I need to be a more dedicated author to my work :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap:

The man quickly looked between me then back at Austin. " I'm not sure if your father would want me to say such things in front of your guest, Master Austin."

Austin brought his attention to me then back to the other man." Your right. Let's go."

"Yes, Master." He answered.

Before they left the library Austin brought his attention back to me one last time. Something flashed before his eyes , but right when it came it vanished just as quickly.

"Make sure this young lady is protected. If something is to happen, if my father and I leave I will punish you and everyone else in the worst way possible. She is not to leave this room unless it is on fire. You are to heavily guard this door to make sure no one gets in and no one  gets out. Understood?" Austin demanded.

"Yes, Master Austin. Understood." The man answered before both left.

Chapter 21

 Alyese Pov~

Silence filled the library once Austin and the man left. I sat there taking everything that just happened in. I stood up from the chair and brought my attention to the door that was now locked. I quickly walked towards it and aggressively jiggled the handle.

"Come on! I don't have time for this!"  I  complained pulling at the door handle hopping for the slightest response..I got absolutely nothing.

I sighed in frustration. This was not good. Not good at all. I aimlessly walked around the large library looking down at my feet. I stopped in mid step and looked up.

I heard...muffled voices not sure where they were coming from

"There..." I ran to the balcony door. I put one hand on each of the two handles.

Please...Please...Please be unlocked.

I turned the handles and as I pulled slightly the doors  flew open with the force of the cool wind from outside.  A chill ran down my spine as the cool air blew into my face. As I got closer and closer to the edge of the balcony I heard the voices.

        I saw men wearing business suits and were all talking amongst themselves. One man in particular stuck out to me. He had to be at least in his forties, but no matter that he was handsome, but danger radiated off him. You could tell he was a man about business and took it very seriously. He intimidated me and I was no where near close to him. Thank god the balcony wasn't directly facing the front yard or they would have seen me. I couldn't exactly make out what they were saying since they were speaking lower than before.

I heard a door slam shut and soon Austin and the man from before came into view.