Chapter 26

~Taemin Pov~~

    I was laying down staring up at the ceiling. Even though I was dead tired I couldn't sleep. My body wouldn't allow me to. I covered my face when an unwelcomed light shined through the window near my bed.

'Morning already?' I thought as I got up from my bed. I stretched my aching muscles and sighed.

  I couldn't sleep at all last night. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if I had bags under my eyes. The memories of yesterday continued to replay in my mind over and over again. I made Alyese cry.... I was so angry at myself for that.

   I actually did it...I ended it with her. Did I want to? Not at all. Was it the best decision at the moment? Most definitely.

I went into the bathroom and washed my face hoping it would wake me up a bit and would stop me from feeling so tired. I knew at some point today I was just going to crash, but my body wouldn't let me enjoy the thought of sleep.

Once I finished I went to my window and covered it not wanting any light to enter my room. As I sat down on my bed ready to pull the comforter over I heard someone enter my room.

"Master Taemin, it is around ten. Were you planning on staying sleep till noon?" Secretary Kim questioned me.

"Yep!" I said popping the p at the end hoping he would leave. I didn't want anyone to be around me.

I heard him sigh in defeat." I see. Why did you break up with Miss Alyese? "

I jolted up from my bed and stared at Secretary Kim in confusion. "How? I mean...What are you talking about?" I quickly said trying to act like I didn't know what he was talking about.

It's like this man knows everything...

"You are forgetting that I was once your age too. Plus...The maids and I heard what happened between you and Miss Alyese in the living room last night. Why do you think I lied and brought her home when I did?" Secretary Kim chuckled and gave me a small smile. I groaned buried my face into my pillow not interested in continuing this conversation. Knowing how Secretary Kim was he was going to have a big long hour discussion about my decision.

Silence filled the room. I then heard my bedroom door close informing me that Secretary Kim finally left.

"Finally! I thought he would never leave." I sighed in happiness throwing the pillow away from my face.  I saw a tall figure from the corner of my eye and slowly brought my head in the direction.

"Still here kid." Secretary Kim laughed before sitting in a chair near my bed with a smirk on his face.

I glared at him " Fine. Go ahead. I know you have something to say."

"Why did you break with her? It's obvious you are in love with the girl and whether she realizes it or not. She is in love with you also." He stated matter-of-factly. I rolled my eyes at what he said, but inside I knew he was right. I knew I loved Alyese... a lot. She means the world to me and the last thing I want to do is she her hurt because of me...

"It was for the best. She wouldn't listen. She didn't see how being around Austin was dangerous for her. Especially after the fact that he wanted to find information on her. I know Austin likes Alyese a lot...and maybe I am a bit jealous, but that's beside the point. I- I want her to be safe." My voice started to falter as I continued to speak. That's really all I wanted her to understand.

Secretary Kim nodded his end in understanding , but his expression was unreadable. As usual.

"Did you ever think that maybe with all the things your father dabbles  in that maybe Alyese  isn't all that safe with you as well?" He asked with a raise of his eyebrow.