Chapter Nineteen.

Chapter Nineteen.
"As Blond as the Stars"

[PAST]

The female released a sigh that she hadn't realized she had been holding in as she finally managed to recognize the voice calling out as she gave them a guilty smile, not that they could see it in the dark.

"Sorry Violet, didn't mean to wake you." She said in a soft voice, barely above a whisper as she took a few steps toward the blond, who released a strangled yawn while continuing to rub the sleep out of her eyes as she shook her head.

"No, you didn't wake me. Doesn't make me any less tired..." She trailed off, allowing silence to take over before speaking up again.

"So.... why are you awake?" She asked the other female who, in return, scoffed a huff of a chuckle.

"I could ask you the same thing..." (Y/n) responded teasingly, however, the two standing in the halls could hear how torn the tired voice sounded.

"Well... now that we're both up and going to lose sleep over it, might as well make it worth a while."
Violet stated with a groan, knowing she wouldn't beable to go back to sleep anytime soon, even if she tried. She pushed her leaning form off of the wall as she trekked further down the hall away from the dormitory.

The (h/c)-ette female blinked dumbfoundedly at her friend's statement before it finally clicked in her mind as to what she had said. "Wha.. hey, Violet.. hey, wait up!" She started off before quieting her voice down to a whisper yell as she hurried down the fall to catch up to the blond.

It hadn't taken the duo long before they climbed up the old stairwell of the bell tower. Finally, Violet had reached the top first, extending a careful hand to her friend as she helped her up and over the edge.

(Y/n) sucked in a sharp gasp as her eyes stared at the gorgeous sight before her. Violet couldn't help herself but to smile at the reaction her friend gave before allowing herself to gaze up at the sky.

"It's been a while since it's been clear, especially with it being the fall season, but it never gets old... no matter how often I come up here." Violet explained simply, a small smile gracing her lips as she tilted her head to take in the sight as well.

Snapping out of it, she turned her head back to (Y/n), "C'mon, lets set down." She said as she guided the two of them to a spot further along the room, settling themselves down as they went back to gazing at the stars in comfortable silence.

"It's... been a week."

(Y/n)'s soft voice spoke, breaking the gentle silence of before and earning the attention of Violet, taking a deep breath, (Y/n) continued.

"It's been a week since it happened.. and... I can't get it out of my head.."

The young teen murmured as she lifted her hands up before herself, gazing at them as they shook.

"Her gaze.. as she layed there bleeding.. was filled with..hate and anger... yet, she looked so sad.." She explained slowly, taking breaks between each word to avoid having her voice choke up on her.

"She hated me... in those last moments.. she had a life here... a boyfriend, a family.. and yet... she was the one who d-died.."

Violets eyes widened at the sudden voice crack, turning to look at the female, she noticed her eyes were misty as she forced herself together.

"Why... why wasn't  it me? Someone who couldn't.... be of use here? And she knew it too.. in her final moments."
She choked out, her voice becoming more and more torn as she spoke her mind, turning from her now clenched hands to face Violet as tears ran down her (s/c) flushed cheeks.

"Why did she die.. and not me?"

The teen took a moment before wipping her head back down, bringing her almost clean sleeve up to rub the tears away as she quickly collected herself, inhaling a long, sharp, yet shaking breath as she slowly calmed down.

Violet wasn't sure what to do, let alone what to say. She wasn't the type to comfort others, nor did she even know how or where to begin.

"I...I'm not good at this type of thing..but.." Violet began, her eyes now moved from the sky to the outstretched forest.

"I get it... why did my grandmother die and not me? Why am I still here when others got sick and started to drop into graves?.. it's... it's something you can never forget and it'll haunt you.." she rambled before stopping herself to take a breath to continue.

"...but, you can use that.. to live for them. To see the world and a life they never got to..." She finalized as she leaned forward, bringing her knees to her chest as she hugged them close.

Silence washed over the two once more, with the occasional rustle of the leaves of the trees and the fain creek of the old building underneath them.

Finally after endless moments of silence, the (h/c) haired female released a soft, broke chuckle. "You know.. you're like the stars."

"Huh? W-what are you talking about?"

"The stars... no matter how often the hide, they're always there, and as bright as ever..."

"W-wha- stop saying stuff like that (Y/n), it's embarrassing..."

"Sorry, sorry." She apologized with a soft laugh, lifting her hand to scratch the back of her head in slight embarrassment.

"But in all seriousness...thanks."

(Y/n) said, shifting her gaze to look back towards Violet, a small smile replacing the previous frown. Violet flushed ever so slightly, but returned the gentle smile as she nodded.

"No problem.....anyways, the sun will probably be up in a few hours.. we should get some rest."

"Sounds like a plan."

-------------------
word count of 976.

-(c) (Y/N) belongs to you.

-(c) Characters, songs and game belong to rightful owners/creators.

-(c) I do not own anything except for this plot line and story for this fanfiction. The game itself and plot line belongs to the amazing original creators, Telltale.

-Created on December 26th, 2019

-Published on December 26th, 2019