Chapter Eleven.

Chapter Eleven.
"The First Stop"

[PAST]

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

Its been at least three hours since the group had left the boarding school, but that didn't stop Talia and Nora. Nora's a tall, short haired, redneck female with her bangs pulled back by a clip was also covered in freckles, one of the introverted oldest in the group at the age of 19. The two girls had started to bicker some time ago about who knows what. Though, after hearing the same works on repeat for the last few minutes, Skylar groaned as he and some of the others grew agitated. "My god will you two just shut up already?!"

"No!"

"Fuck you."

The two girls replied simultaneously toward the grumpy male. The response only cause him to clench his fists shut in frustration as a vein throbbed against his temple. A soft sigh could be heard from Ezekiel, a male asian on the taller side with straight black hair and is at the age of 16. "Guys, we need to focus, not listen to this every second of the way..."

"Ezekiel is right." Gavin stepped in, which made things pretty clear that now is no time to bicker or mess around, especially when some of their youngest members are here and needing to be taught as well as protected. Nora grumbled a long thread curses under her breath as Talia sighed while shaking her head.

"You guys may not be happy, but I haven't the chance to blow shit up in a long time!" Mitch, one of the kids, had spoken up with clear annoyance laced in his voice. Valerie, a female with short brown hair and blue eyes with the slight surpassing of the average height of females at current age of 18, only scoffed and rolled her eyes at his words, "Mitch, no one gives a shit!" She snapped, though angered by the meaningless arguments of the group, her fast softened as she saw Mitch's face frown. "Sorry.." She whispered loud enough for him and few of the other to hear before moving closer to the front of the group to avoid seeing gazes upon her. Seconds after Valerie moved, Aasim nudged Mitch's side with his elbow, cause the male of the latter two too look up at him. It didn't take long for a conversation of sorts to spark between them.

The only two that had stayed silent as the whole ordeal went on were Louis and (Y/n). The two feeling uncomfortable as they kept close eyes on their surroundings, worried the sounds of their group would attract the walkers. Soon enough, the tensed atmosphere of the group had calm down as fast as the bickering came. Leading the group were Skylar, Nora, and Valerie, in the back of the group were Gavin, Ezekiel, and Talia, in between the two were the kids; Mitch, Aasim, Louis, and (Y/n). As everyone fell into their own conversations or silence with one another.

(Y/n) inhaled sharply as she released a sigh, causing louis to look over at her in slight concern, "You doing okay?" he asked, the two talking loud enough for the other to hear. Her (h/c) bounced as she nodded, her eyes staring sternly ahead, "Yeah.. it's just...are we really ready for this? My hands are even sweating from all this!" She stated softly as she raised her hands up to prove a point. This only caused Louis to snort as he clapped a hand over his mouth, which earned a sharp glare from the female as he held his hands up in a playful surrender.

Louis' features softened as he gave her a comforting smile, "Of course we are! (Y/n), don't you see it? The leaders are trusting us to head out and help them, we get to see more types of trees rather than the same ones just outside the perimeter that we've stared at the last couple years.." Hearing his voice and words magically helped soothe the female's nerves as her shoulders visibly relaxed. "Yeah, yeah, you're right. Thanks." she said softly as she looked over to him with a gentle smile, one that was practically contagious as he returned a large smile.

As he promised himself days before, he managed to get what he calls 'the smile of the day' from her. A smile that lightens everyone else's day, a smile of sincere and gratitude, a smile needed for oneself in a time like this. A smile that felt as if it was only for him to see, one to treasure deep within his mind.

"I see some houses."

The voice of Valerie caught everyone's attention as they look up to the front, and just as she said, through the trees a small clearing of what looked to be houses could be seen.
"Great, it's getting late so we'll do a quick loot trip in these houses and stay in one of them for the night. We'll continue tomorrow after sunrise." Gavin spoke as everyone came to a stop to discuss the next set of plans.

"Ezekiel and Skylar can take Mitch. Talia and I can take (Y/n) and Aasim. Lastly Nora and Valerie can take Louis. My group will loot that house" Gavin says as he points to the largest house seen, "we'll set up camp and meet up in that house, you guys loot the others. Now let's go." with that said, the large group of before split into their designated partners and went off to their own destination.

Even though they were merely a couple meters apart from each other, (Y/n) felt a pang of uneasiness. All this was new, not prepared, nothing was predictable out here unlike things would been within the protective walls of the school. Though, she knew it was just paranoia of not leaving the large stone walls for so long, and shrugged it off as she walked along with Aasim, who trailed behind Talia and Gavin, towards their camp for the night.

-------------

-word count of 1058.

-(c) (Y/N) belongs to you.

-(c) Characters, songs and game belong to rightful owners/creators.

-(c) I do not own anything except for this plot line and story for this fanfiction. The game itself and plot line belongs to the amazing original creators, Telltale.

-Published on October 8th, 2018.