Chapter Three.

Chapter Three.
"Comfort of a Friend."

[CURRENT]

The dream soon faded into nothingness and allowed Louis, after some time, to finally be able to feel his control returning to his body. Seconds later, his groggy eyes slowly blinked open, trying to focus as he stared up at the ceiling through the rusted bars of the bunk that hovered above him. His mind's first response to him waking up was to find and figure out the time, since faint rays of light could be seen pouring through the cracks of the boarded up windows. He wondered just how long he's been asleep for; hours was quite obvious, but how far into the next day? Did he sleep all the way through until late afternoon? Maybe the whole day and it's been two days since the fight? He couldn't tell, nobody could within an apocalyptic world anymore.

He knew he's now unable to fall back asleep, so instead of forcing himself to try, he pushed himself to sit up. His cold fingers ran down his face as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes, glancing around the room as he stood up, grabbing his signature trench coat and slipping it on. Louis was about to get up when a familiar knock was sounded at his bedroom door, having a feeling of who it was he called out, "Door's open." Not a second later the door opened, revealing Marlon to be standing there. "Hey, you didn't show up for dinner last night, just checking up on ya." The blond commented as he walked over and stood in front of his friend, his arms crossed comfortably over his chest.

Louis shrugged as he wasn't so sure how he felt himself, all he could really admit was that he did felt conflicted with his emotions. "It's..whatever I guess?" He said in a unsure voice as he did so, causing Marlon to cock a brow as he questioned his statement. "And that means..?" Louis sighed before speaking up again. "I had a dream from.. before." "Huh? Before what?" Marlon asked. "Before all this happened, before the world went to shit. A time when everyone was still here..." he trailed off as he leaned forward, his arms resting on his knees as his head drooped as his shoulders sagged. His brown eyes reflecting the sadness that portrayed in his soul as Marlon soon understood what Louis was saying.

Marlon sighed and took a seat next to Louis on the bed as he knew this would be a conversation that wasn't going to end in a matter of seconds. The two were silent until the blond finally spoke up again in a careful tone, breaking the awkward tension that filled the room's atmosphere. "What..What was the dream about?" Seconds passed in silence once more, Marlon has assumed that Louis hadn't heard him and was about repeat himself, but Louis beat him to it. "We uhh, couldn't have been any older than eight. It was sometime in the afternoon, you and (Y/N) had to come find me before class started or else I would've have gotten detention again for being late." as he spoke at the memory, a small smile graced his features, "She then suddenly took off running towards the building, practically challenging us to keep up as she ran, so we ran after her..."

As the darker male of the two spoke, Marlon slowly began to remember the hazy memory that the two shared. He remembered the everlasting phase of Louis taking naps outside when there was a sliver or more of sun showing. Soon dragged out of his own version of the memory, Marlon listened to the rest of what Louis had to say. "The two of you were ahead of me as we all laughed, enjoying ourselves like we did any other day. Then.. it went silent." a solemn expression now crossed his features as he continued explaining, "everything around me felt like it was.. melting, turning to shadows. My body and mind grew drowsier with every step I took to the point I had to stop. The light grew dimmer and dimmer, until the last thing I could see within the darkness was (Y/n) turning around with a large smile. The only sound that returned to me was her voice as she called out to me. After that, well, I guess I woke up." Louis said as he looked back to the bed behind him.

Marlon nodded at his ending, "Yeah...and you still got us detention for that, you asshole." he remarked, nudging his friend's shoulder with his arm. Louis grinned apologetically, "Hey, you guys gave me company, I don't regret it for a second!" He remarked back. Some time had passed when he finally, out of the blue, said, "I just..wish we could all go back to before." Marlon and Louis sat in the now quiet room as their thoughts took them away from the harsh reality of the apocalyptic world and back to their childhood. The leader of the community stood as he placed a hand on Louis's shoulder, "We all miss her, and everyone else that we've lost. But they wouldn't want us to be held back because of memories."

His brown eyes stared at the ground as his dreadlocks fell over his face as he shook his head, understanding what his friend was saying, but not wanting to accept it quite yet. Marlon patted his shoulder before walking to the door. "We're all here for you buddy, but, you also gotta move on." With that, he turned around and headed for the door, exiting the room as the door closed behind him, leaving Louis in the dorm room by himself.

"You say that, but I can't move on. Everynight my mind goes back to the time I had in the past. The unforgettable moments."

---------------------

-word count of 1031.

-(c) (Y/N) belongs to you.

-(c) Characters, songs and game belong to rightful owners/creators.

-(c) I do not own anything except for this plot line and story. The game itself and plot line belongs to the amazing original creators, Telltale.

-Published on August, 26, 2018.