Chapter 43:

~Layla's POV~

After finishing our girls talk, Shana went back to her room. As for me, I decided to go out. No longer a slave and bound to anyone, I have my freedom to roam wherever I want. So I thought of exploring the capital. Despite being here numerous times, I never really walked around the place. Since most of the time, I stayed inside my master's house. It kind of excites me to explore around.

When I walked into the entrance hall, I saw Misomi acting all sneaky. Like a ninja, she quietly hid behind a pillar. Curious, I walked up behind her.

Even when I'm at an arms distance behind her, she didn't notice me.

"What are you doing?" <Layla>

"AHHH!" <Misomi>

Without any warning, I asked her. To my question, she jumps and screamed in shock, probably startled by me.

{Layla-San!? You scared me...} <Misomi>

Turning around and realising who it was, she immediately lowered her voice. As if going back to being sneaky like earlier.

"If I remember correctly... Your name was Misomi, right?" <Layla>

Though we just met this morning, I didn't really put much effort in remembering her. Probably because I was focused on the names of Shana and Iris, who were more significant. But since there weren't many people in this mansion, the other remaining names I know are only a few. So I called her with one of them.

{Ah, yes. That's me."} <Misomi>

Seems I got it right. Even though I was speaking normally, she continued to speak softly.

{Does Layla-San need anything from me?"} <Misomi>

"I was just wondering why you're acting suspiciously? Is something going on?" <Layla>

As I asked her, I looked around the pillar to where she was looking at. What she seems to be looking at was a woman. If I remember correctly her name was Maya, this girl's mother.

{N-Nothing! I was just... Yes! I was doing some cleaning!} <Misomi>

She said cleaning but I don't see a single cleaning item on her.

While I was thinking that, there was a sound of a door opening and closing. Misomi hurriedly ran towards the door, forgetting our conversation.

"Wait!" <Layla>

I stopped her before she left. She turned around and looked at me with a questioning look.

"I don't know what you're doing, but since you're going out, let me follow you." <Layla>

"Eh... Erm, okay. But let me be clear! I'm not doing anything suspicious!" <Misomi>

As she said that, she continued walking off.

No matter how I look at it, she is clearly stalking her mother. Whatever the case, I will just accompany her. I have no plans on where to go anyways, and since she's going out also, I will have at least something to look forward to.

Sticking close behind Misomi, we secretly followed after Maya. We kept our distance so as to not get discovered.

Maya seemed to have a destination she decided to go. From how she hasn't stopped at all. After a couple of minutes later, Maya finally stopped walking. We hid in between an alley, across from where she is.

Looking at the place she went, it seemed to be a restaurant. The restaurant name was called 'RamenSuki', and the big sign in front of it was the proof. I can tell that this is a very luxurious restaurant. The decorations were very fancy, the tables and chairs outside are all extravagant. But most importantly, the thing that proves it's a luxurious restaurant, was the distinctive board plastered beside the entrance, that shows 5 stars. From my knowledge, that is a certificate given to restaurants that determine their food's quality. Most shop that sold food in this capital has it.