Chapter 72: Cornered

Somewhere dark and creepy, a girl was left all alone inside a cage. Shivering from the cold.

Suddenly the door to the room opened, and came in 2 person.

"You're not gonna bring her with you? I thought you wrote in the letter that you're gonna bring her?"

"Hehe~ That's the fun of it. The look on their face when they realise its a trap will be priceless!"

"Then wouldnt it be too obvious? They would realise it."

"Not really. We're the bad guys, they have no choice but to follow what we say. And if they don't, then they should be prepared for the worst outcome."

"Hahaha! I like the sound of that! So? What are we doing here?"

The people reach the front of the cage that the girl is in.

"Well, we need something that will prove we have her, and even more so that we can further provoke them, just in case."

Noticing that there were people visiting her, she got even more scared.

"Hello, little miss. I'm just here to get a bit if your hair~"

"Eeek~!"

...

In a forest secluded from the kingdom, Eric is currently making his way to the designated area that was written in the letter said.

"Is it further up? This is like a maze..." <Eric>

While thinking of such thing, he was suddenly hit by something on the back of his head.

"Ouch!" <Eric>

Looking at what it was, it seemed to be a small rock.

"Haa... Please stop throwing rocks at me just to tell me I'm going the wrong way..." <Eric>

Eric complained under his breath.

Right now, Eric isn't alone.

Tailing behind him is Yuna who is stealthily following him. Since they had agreed for her to be his guard.

But due to having to be careful and staying in low profile, so that the Phantom guild wouldn't notice that there are more than one person going to the meeting place.

As for the rock throwing case, Yuna did that to inform Eric whenever he goes in the wrong direction. Since if she tells him directly, they might get found out.

"Well, throwing rocks at him does relieve some remaining pent up anger  I have on him." <Yuna>

Yuna thought as such while following behind Eric.

Eric continued his way through the maze-like forest. Only after several more rocks being thrown at him, that he made it to the designated place.

It was an small open patch deep in the forest.

"This is the place?" <Eric>

Eric walked to the center.

But at that moment, someone emerged from the trees at the other side.

"You're finally here. Took you long enough."

The man in a black cloak said.

"Yes, I'm here now, so give me back Misomi!" <Eric>

"Misomi? Is that the girl's name? Well, whatever! You can't anyways, Hahahaha!"

The man started laughing hysterically.

"What do you mean!? You told me to come alone and then you'll give her back, so do what you said!" <Eric>

"Really~? You're alone?"

The man stared at Eric with a doubtful look. To that, Eric was a bit intimidated.

"We. Shall. SEE!"

The man instantly threw a short sword towards Eric. The speed that the sword was flying, was in no way slow. A normal person wouldn't be able to react in time.

So, Eric would have been hit by it. But he didn't.

Before it hit Eric, the short sword was deflected off and flew back towards the man, in which he caught it.

What happened was someone emerged from a nearby tree with blinding speed and protected Eric from getting hit.

That person was Yuna.

"Hahaha! So much for being alone, huh! If you can't follow instructions, then why should I?"

"Shut up. You were never planning to bring her along with you from the start, you bastard." <Yuna>

Yuna wasn't interested in having a conversation with him.

"Well, whatever. Now we just have to take him by force. My minions!"

As he said that, numerous people emerged from the trees and surrounded Eric and Yuna.

"You can surrender peacefully and nobody gets hurt, but you don't wanna do that, don't you?"

They didn't respond.

"Tsk. Minions, attacked!"

But before his minions could move in for the attack, Yuna quickly threw something on the floor. Immediately, a smoke screen was formed.

Yuna took that opportunity to grab hold of Eric and quickly left the area.

They managed to get a big distance from the phantom guild, but they soon started to lose that advantage.

Eric who is not physically fit, wasn't able to keep up with Yuna's pace.

"I...I can't keep up, anymore... *Huff*Huff*" <Eric>

"Tch!" <Yuna>

Yuna had no choice but to stop running.

She was troubled that the Phantom guild would catch up very soon.

"You...You should...*Huff* You should just leave me and run!" <Eric>

Eric was still trying to catch his breath.

"I told you I'm not leaving you anymore! Anyways, are you good? Can you continue running again?" <Yuna>

Eric just shook his head, responding that he can't.

Yuna thought of making him hide somewhere while she try and deceive the enemies, but it was too risky.

"There you are!"

As they were resting, the voice of the man in the black cloak could suddenly be heard. And immediately he appeared in front of them.

"You really want to run away from us? With that weak body of yours? Hahaha! Your bodyguard should just save herself and left you."

His minions soon caught up and once again surrounded them.

"Minions, go!"

His minions once again went in on the attack. However, they hit nothing.

Yuna quickly hold Eric under her arms and leap off from the spot. They landed a few metres away from them.

That was all she could do now. They can't run away anymore. If only she had more strength, then she would have been able to carry Eric and run.

Yuna took out her daggers and was prepared to fight them.

"Eric, go and run. I'll try to hold them off for as long as I can."

"What? I can't leave-" <Eric>

"I said go!" <Yuna>

Yuna didn't have time to hear him complain.

Eric who heard her, had no choice but to listen. He quickly ran off.

"Cute~ You really think you can stop us all by yourself?"

"Why don't we see? I'm aching to fight a proper battle after so long." <Yuna>

"Haha, alright! I'll  provide that for you. Try not to die too fast!"