40

~Elysia's POV~

When our Christmas break arrived, Luke and I found ourselves laying together in my bed on Monday afternoon, watching TV. Well, I was watching TV, anyways. Luke was just laid beside me, softly cuddling against me while he played with my dark hair. He wasn't at all paying attention to what was on TV, but I didn't mind. It was actually relaxing the way that he was cuddling me like this.

"Pay attention to me, kitty." He complained into my neck, deciding to stop kissing my skin to speak to me. I giggled softly and stroked a finger down the side of his face, smiling. "You're so clingy." I said playfully, feeling his leg nudge its way between mine. He hugged me closer and let out a little huff of irritation, pouting. "It's not my fault you're not giving me attention." He whined, earning a little grin from me. His fingers brushed down the length of my arm and his hand gripped mine, intertwining our fingers as he laid his head onto my pillow. "Okay, okay." I chuckled, scooting myself closer to him with an amused smile. "You have my full attention, you big baby." I teased, brushing a hand through his messy curls.

Luke kissed my chin and leaned his forehead against mine, sighing softly. "I wanted to talk to you." He mumbled, softly fisting my hair in his hold. My lips pulled into a little grin and I softly kissed his chin right back, looking up at him. "What about?" I asked, curious as to what he could've wanted to talk about. I played with his soft curls, tangling my fingers into them as I softly massaged his scalp at the same time. "You told me once that you believe in everything." He mentioned softly, his voice quiet. "Yes, I remember." I said, looking up at him. He bit his lip and his brows furrowed in thought. "What did you mean by that?" He asked, slight confusion in his voice.

"I meant that I believe in everything." I answered simply, thinking that that was pretty self explanatory, but he didn't seem to think the same. He paused. "I don't know what that means." He admitted, frowning softly as he furrowed his brows in confusion. I giggled softly at that innocent confusion on his face, finding it cute how clueless he looked. "You really want to know?" I asked, smiling softly as I looked at him. In a very confident and positive manner, he nodded his head, peering down at me. "I do." He affirmed.

"What I mean is that I like to think that there are infinite possibilities in the world, in the universe. I don't ever just...dismiss the possibility of something being real or existing just because there's no proof of it or because I haven't seen it. That's really all that I mean by that." I explained simply, shrugging. It really wasn't so complex or interesting, or at least not as much as he seemed to have thought it was. It was pretty self explanatory. For a moment, Luke stayed silent, thinking to himself. "So...like with other religions, you're open to those beliefs, too, even though you practice a different religion?" He asked, furrowing his brows.

My lips pulled into a little smile and I nodded my head, tracing my fingers along his jawline. "Yes. Anything, really, not just religion. I like to believe in everything." I answered, peering up at him.

"So..." He began in thought, furrowing his brows. "You believe in shit like ghosts and mermaids? Fairies?" He asked curiously, cocking his head to the side in wonder. He seemed to be genuinely interested in this topic, in knowing how I saw things. I liked it, to be honest. Nobody had ever really cared about my perspective before, especially not about things like this. "I do, yes." I nodded, biting my lip. "I mean, the way that I see it is that there are lots of things that we don't know. We don't even know all there is to know about ourselves, like why we get deja vu. We have only explored five percent of our oceans in total, so how am I to say what exists and what does not when we don't actually know? There are probably things lurking in the oceans beyond our imaginations. It's nicer to be completely open-minded about the existence of all different types of things because we don't know."