3

~Elysia's POV~

"Elysia," I heard my mom call my name as I sat up in my bedroom, on my laptop while I watched the movie Her. With a sigh, I paused the movie and crawled out of my bed, knowing I'd have to walk to her because she wouldn't answer me if I called back to her. She wanted me to come to her, for some reason.

I arrived to her room and crossed my arms over my chest, looking at her as she sat in her bed. "Yes, mom?" I asked, sighing softly. She smiled at me and stood up from her bed, her blue eyes scanning over my face. "I need you to go to the store to get some milk." She said, causing me to frown. "The store?" I complained, but I quickly sealed my lips shut when she sent me a look, her eyes narrowed threateningly. "Yes, the store. Milk." She repeated firmly, raising her brows at me. I sighed and nodded my head, tucking my hair behind my ear. "Okay, okay." I agreed, turning around and heading back into my bedroom.

When I reached my room, I grabbed a pair of black converse and left the room, heading outside to my car. I drove to the store and parked in the slightly full parking lot, getting out of the car and locking it. Wanting to be as quick as I possibly could, I rushed inside and began walking towards the back of the store, looking for the milk.

After a little bit of searching, I finally found the milk that mom usually got, deciding to grab two gallons instead of just the one. I took the two big jugs of milk up to the front of the store and went through the self check-out, taking out my mom's credit card to pay for them. It was a good thing that she had given me her credit card so I didn't have to spend my own money on the milk. I put the milk into a bag after I'd paid and then went back out to the car, climbing in with the milk and putting it in the passenger's seat.

Once I reached home, I parked in the driveway and went inside, putting the milk in the fridge where it belonged. I tossed the bag into the trashcan and went into the living room, hearing the sound of a rumbling engine outside of the house. Curious, I opened the front door just a peek and poked my head out, wondering who was being so loud in front of our house. When I opened the door, I saw that it was Jaxon sitting out in his car, causing me to raise a brow. I opened the door all the way and stepped out, closing it behind me. "Jax?" I called, confused.

His engine cut off and he got out of his car, giving me a grin. "Hey. Sorry, I was going to text you to see if you were home, but it seems I've gotten my answer." He said, slamming the car door shut and locking it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, cocking my head to the side curiously. He raised a brow at me. "Did you forget that you agreed to go out with all of us for coffee today?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned against his car. I paused and then gave him a sheepish grin. "Maybe a little bit." I said shyly. He snorted and shook his head. "Of course you did." He said, sighing deeply. "A-Are we supposed to be going now?" I asked him, curious. He shook his head. "We already were there, waiting for you. Claire and Malorie already went home, Elly." He answered.

Feeling a bit guilty, I gave him a small smile. "My bad. It completely slipped my mind." I apologized, but he just shrugged. "Eh, I'm not surprised. You're quite the forgetful person." He said simply, not seeming to care too much about it. I blushed. "Maybe I could make it up to you guys another day?" I asked, raising a brow up at him. "Hm. We'll talk about it together on Monday." He said. "How about we go inside? You at least owe me some hang-out time." He grinned, gesturing over to the front door.

I grinned and nodded, leading him towards the front door. "I suppose that's okay." I giggled.

**

When Monday rolled around, I rolled out of bed and began to get ready for school, feeling a little bit sleepy still. After I did my makeup, I pulled on a black tank top with a straight neckline and a pair of black shorts that had a pattern of orange, yellow and green flowers on them. I left my hair down in its natural state after I brushed it and then pulled on a pair of black socks that were shin high and had green yellow flowers on the side, slipping my feet into some black combat boots afterwards.

When I was dressed and ready to go, I left the house with my backpack and got into my car to begin the short drive to school. Because I usually was always the one to park in my parking spot, I was upset when I got there and saw that it was already taken. Then, I realized that it was actually Luke's car that was parked in my seat, causing me to pout. Nevertheless, I dismissed it because it was really just a parking spot, and instead just parked in the space next to Luke's car. Once I was parked, I got out and locked my car, skittering into the school so that I could get to my locker and then to the cafeteria where Jaxon, Claire, Malorie and I sat both in the mornings and during lunch time. It had sort of become our designated table, which was nice. I located my locker and put my Government textbook into my backpack, knowing that I would need it since we used it every day.

I closed my locker and left, heading towards the cafeteria to wait with my friends until I could go to Government class.

Towards the end of the day, I found myself stalking into sixth period, which was ESS, aka Earth Space Science. Setting my bag down on top of my desk, I took a seat in my chair and got out my textbook and a notebook. I had just assumed we'd need them because we always used them. However, when Mr. Wells came in, I found that I was proven to be wrong. "Okay," He said with a heavy groan, slamming the door shut. "We're going to be watching a movie about space. I-" He started to speak, but got cut off when the classroom door was flung open and it hit the wall a little bit.

In walked Luke, causing a few girls, who had been slouching and disinterested before, to straighten up and push out their chests a little more. Mr. Wells frowned in confusion and crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned back into his chair more. "Can I help you, young man?" He asked, raising a brow. Luke pushed the door shut. "I got transferred to your class." He said simply, looking at Mr. Wells with a bored expression. For a second, Mr. Wells just looked at him, but then he spoke. "Okay. Well, we're just watching a movie for the next two days or so. You can sit next to Elysia. Raise your hand please, Elysia." Mr. Wells instructed, peering over at me as I sat in my seat.

Knowing that Luke had no idea who I was, I raised my hand in the air just enough to let him see me. His blue eyes, which had previously been scanning the room in search of me, darted over to me when I raised my hand and he stared at me for a moment with a flat look on his face. A little uncomfortable, I pursed my lips awkwardly and lowered my hand, not liking how he was staring at me. I couldn't even describe just how bored he looked when he was looking at me. Maybe he just had a face that naturally sat like that, which made him look naturally bored and even a little mean, all the time. If not, then he just had some sort of stick up his butt. From the little I knew of him, I assumed it to be the latter.

"Come on. Go sit down." Mr. Wells pressed, raising a brow expectantly at the tall boy. Luke's gaze snapped away from me and returned it to the older man, only staying there briefly before he let out an exaggerated sigh and made his way down the aisle between my row of desks and the desk row beside me. The girls in the rows giggled quietly amongst themselves as he passed them, but very few of them gained his attention. He only looked at one or two of them, but that didn't deter them whatsoever. Even throughout the class, many girls just stared over at him with a dreamy look on their faces.

Luke sat down in the desk beside me and dropped his bag onto the top of his desk, his scent fanning into my face when he neared me. He had a nice masculine scent, like the smell of the earth after rain. I hated to admit it, but he smelled good.

Still, I didn't pay him any mind, instead waiting patiently for Mr. Wells to put on the movie once he had turned out the lights, plunging the room into darkness. Thankfully, Luke didn't try to talk to me or look at me for the rest of the class, nor did I to him. Fortunately, that was the only class that I happened to have with Luke.

When school was over, I drove home and went inside, heading up to my room to do my homework without being interrupted.